This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with OpenCPN using OpenPlotter 7" display
Hi,

First of all, great project!

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. I have a Pi3, the official 7" touch screen (via DSI port) and the latest version of OP installed.

When I try to install charts using the chart down loader in OpenCPN the pop up window to select the download location is too small to be usable. The window cannot be enlarged, I cannot click on anything and all of the writing is on top of each other. Other windows seem smaller and are not resizable either.

When the Pi is plugged into a larger screen (via HDMI) all is well.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Read about this somewhere but can't find it again...... sorry.

One workaround might be to use VNC to look at the Pi with a laptop or tablet. I use the chrome plugin on a win10 laptop which seems to work OK .

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...hbla?hl=en

[Image: ke6ztfl.png]
(2017-06-05, 02:04 AM)Opie91 Wrote: Hi,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. I have a Pi3, the official 7" touch screen (via DSI port) and the latest version of OP installed.

When I try to install charts using the chart down loader in OpenCPN the pop up window to select the download location is too small to be usable. The window cannot be enlarged, I cannot click on anything and all of the writing is on top of each other. Other windows seem smaller and are not resizable either.

Thanks!

I reported this issue to the OCPN forum so hopefully it will be sorted in a future release. 

As Paddy mentioned just use VNC or simply download the charts somewhere else and copy them to wherever you have them stored on the PI. I have a my charts on a USB memory stick so I can easily pull it to update. Otherwise I just copy them over.
(2017-06-05, 11:52 AM)Littlechay Wrote:

Thanks!

I reported this issue to the OCPN forum so hopefully it will be sorted in a future release. 

As Paddy mentioned just use VNC or simply download the charts somewhere else and copy them to wherever you have them stored on the PI. I have a my charts on a USB memory stick so I can easily pull it to update. Otherwise I just copy them over.

Thanks guys. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Ill try the VNC. I did download the charts using a larger screen.
Have you updated opencpn to latest version? some tactile issues have been solved. Use the menu update in openplotter.
(2017-06-06, 06:20 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Have you updated opencpn to latest version? some tactile issues have been solved. Use the menu update in openplotter.

Hi, Thanks for the response. I have updated to the latest version of opencpn as well as the plugins. No luck.

I tried hooking using Real VNC. Connected no problem but the windows are still unusable.

[attachment=98]
I see. Please report here if this is solved on opencpn forum. thanks.
(2017-06-07, 05:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I see. Please report here if this is solved on opencpn forum. thanks.

It is in the thread for the release of version 4.6.1. There was no acknowledgement on it as a problem from the developers. Somebody suggested recompiling with the tabs on the left side but that was beyond me. I'm off sailing soon so won't be monitoring the thread.

Thanks!

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem and can't find anything to make the 7" screen work.
I'm new to OpenPlotter, long time OpenCPN user. I'm having the same issue, trying to experiment with OpenPlotter on a Raspberry Pi 3+ B.
[Image: FMS6gZO36qmqxz81GPL_KvXINa734B_6652Y3VeI...38-h483-no]

This is using VNC from a laptop to the Raspberry Pi.

Any suggestions? Be gentle; I'm still new to the whole Raspberry Pi thing.