This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal k paths: Electrical switches.
Neither the list of signalk paths in Notifications, or in Kip, shows electrical.switches.*.input or state, despite them appearing in Data Browser from signalk-Shelly, for example. It may be that for me the Shelly 1 and Openplotter are powered from different sources, or that I have to change the wifi network in openplotter before electrical.switches are seen. Is there a way I can add them to especially Kip? It seems strange that there is a switch widget that doesnt see switches. They work without problem in the simple notification app. 
Thanks in advance.
I see the same issue. I have a Victron system connected by N2K/CANbus, the switches show up in the SignalK data browser but can't be selected in Kip or the OpenPlotter Notifications app.
electrical.switches... keys are not in the Signal K specification. Who is generating those keys?

They do not need to be in the specification to be used in Notifications app because you can type any custom key but Notifications app only listens to notifications keys: notifications.electrical.switches...

You can generate notifications for these customs keys using the sk plugin Zones. Once you can generate notifications.electrical.switches... you will be able to also set actions for them.
Thank you but I have set them up in Zones, after they were created by Shelly app and the paths visible in Data browser,  and the notification recognised in Instrument Panel and Kip set up in the end by Simple Notifications plug in. But Notifications app and Kip do not allow the paths electrical.switches.*, or custom keys, only those on a predefined list. Notifications manager plug in also sees and sends them, so they arrive then via Pushover.
Victron Venus OS Large reports switches in the format "electrical.switches.bank.0.1.order" and "electrical.switches.bank.0.1.state"