This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIFI Problems
Hi

I am trying to build a HEADLESS RPI5 with Openplotter/

I have installed the downloaded Image and it fires up great, and can connect to it via the Openplotter WIFI SSID

However, if I then add a WIFI USB adapter to connect to the internet, that works too and I connect to my default WIFI at home called DEFAULT
I can then download updates and e=ven connect to it using RVNC over the DEFAULT wifi.

Problem is, if I reboot, the DEFAULT wifi takes over, it is the only connection to the RPI and the Openplotter SSID has gone.

If I remove the USB wifi and reboot, the Openplotter Wifi is back.

Cant I have both?  (I want the hotspot to remain the OPENPLOTTER, but also connect to it via VNC thru DEFAULT)

What am I doing wrong?
Haven't checked this works but is the connect automatically box enabled in the hotspot settings?

[Image: H87km8j.png]
(2024-04-08, 03:02 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Haven't checked this works but is the connect automatically box enabled in the hotspot settings?

[Image: H87km8j.png]

I tried to set the Auto Connect and the Priority so that the OPENPLOTTER SSID has PLUS 5 and the local SSID DEFAULT has Minus 5. Both on Auto connect. Still no difference.