This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project thread, B&G integration in Jeanneau Espace
Hello mariners!

I've been dormant on this forum/the OpenPlotter scene for some years , as life suddenly happened.
I'm at it again but with a different modus operandi , as I got a different boat with more equip. 

NMEA2000:
2xB&G T8 plotters.
B&G H3000 rate compass
B&G Zeus ZG100 GPS
B&G Triton Multi instrument
B&G Triton Autopilot Control
Simrad AC12 Autopilot
Simrad IS12 Instrumentation (2xWind + 4xData)
Icom IC-506 VHF/AIS
Airmar 110WX Wind/Weather sensor
Airmar DPT/STW/TMP Sensor
OpenPlotter CAN-USB Stick v2

TCP/IP:
B&G 3G Radar
Link between T8 plotters
5-Port Switch

My Boat is the Jeanneau Espace 1000 Pilothouse, with hydraulic lifting keel.

My objectives:
Touchscreen at indoor helm with bigger Map/Radar/Instruments view.
Cabin heater remote control.
Barebone backup system on Pi only , if electronics go down.

Possible future projects:
Non-touch screen through rear window of pilothouse.
Depth correction, Keel Up/Down.
Inverter/generator control.
HF/HAM radio control

I'm undecided between one T8 inside and one outside + OP screen inside and eventually outside too or one T8 starboard, one T8 port outside and just OP screen inside.

I've bought the RPi 5 as I like to tinker with the newest tech. I got a working , more than adequate system for navigation, so no worries while beta-testing. I'll buy a heatsink/fan as I see people her strongly reccomend active cooling.

Should I buy the McArthur HAT?? I got the old CAN-USB stick, AIS, and I do not use NMEA0183. Is the CAN interface better? Is the power management worth it alone?
[edit] Found out NMEA2000 data isn't present on the TCP/IP bus.

More to follow , Just started updating myself now , and the amount of information has increased tenfold since my last visit.