This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: MWV to VWR, Raymarine...
Trying to interface an openplotter setup to an older Raymarine ST6000/300 autopilot.

I would have thought that the MWV sentence from my CV7 ultrasonic wind sensor could be converted from available data to VWR for this ancient and unfriendly autopilot that only accepts VWR.  I have set an output to send VWR, but no VWR sentence is being generated on the output.  I can send MWV on the output as well as other sentences.  Any advice appreciated.  Also, if anyone can recommend a seatalk1 to nmea bridge, or method to do so, I am all ears.

I am using the v0.10.0alpha image.  The v0.8.0 image off of the sailoog website (directs to Mega download) cannot output anything.  Please let me know if there is a stable functional non-alpha image that I should download from somewhere else.
(2017-06-10, 05:29 PM)jswalwell Wrote: Trying to interface an openplotter setup to an older Raymarine ST6000/300 autopilot.

I would have thought that the MWV sentence from my CV7 ultrasonic wind sensor could be converted from available data to VWR for this ancient and unfriendly autopilot that only accepts VWR.  I have set an output to send VWR, but no VWR sentence is being generated on the output.  I can send MWV on the output as well as other sentences.  Any advice appreciated.  Also, if anyone can recommend a seatalk1 to nmea bridge, or method to do so, I am all ears.

I am using the v0.10.0alpha image.  The v0.8.0 image off of the sailoog website (directs to Mega download) cannot output anything.  Please let me know if there is a stable functional non-alpha image that I should download from somewhere else.

How did you "set an output to send VWR,"? It should be quite easy in node red t read the MWV message and send it out again as a VWR message. I did similar to create a message the Opencpn logbook could read.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
There was a seatalk to nmea interface box an e85001 i believe.

I may even have one stored away in a box somewhere !

Have a search on ebay etc.

Steve
(2017-06-10, 07:34 PM)Sderbyshire Wrote: There was a seatalk to nmea interface box an e85001 i believe.

I may even have one stored away in a box somewhere !

Have a search on ebay etc.

Steve

Yes, ran across that interface.  I couldn't figure out from the manual if it would convert mwv to vwr.  $185 on eBay which is a little steep just to find out. 

For vwr output I just set an output up in the 0183 serial tab to output vwr.  I see now that it doesn't just assemble that sentence magically. I haven't figured out node red yet. I'll try looking at it again, any help with that is appreciated.
Has a look in the loft and i do have an un-used one of these E85001 interface boxes if youd like to try it?

Attached Files Image(s)

Yes. PMing...
Use 0.10.0 alpha and apply updates, it will be beta/stable soon.

You could try with NMEA 0183 generator. OP will convert MWV to signal k and then you can build a VWR sentence with NMEA 0183 generator. If you try this you may not be able to build a right VWR sentence because generator is not enough flexible yet. A rebuild of generator is the next task on the list, let us know what you would have need.
(2017-06-13, 05:29 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Use 0.10.0 alpha and apply updates, it will be beta/stable soon.

You could try with NMEA 0183 generator. OP will convert MWV to signal k and then you can build a VWR sentence with NMEA 0183 generator. If you try this you may not be able to build a right VWR sentence because generator is not enough flexible yet. A rebuild of generator is the next task on the list, let us know what you would have need.

Is it possible today? (0.17)

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
Is there a solution today?

I have the same problem, that I want generate a VWR Sentence from Signal K. The wind Datas come from a SPI Connection via Openplotter. If I make this with Signal K to NMEA Plugin and receive the Data in again in Openplotter, I build a loop with high CPU Usage.

It is possible to add manually NMEA Sentences in Source Code from NMEA Generator?
Hi,

I know this is a bit old thread. I find myself in the same situation. I bought a NASA Clipper Wireless Wind masthead unit and it onlyu sends one NMEA sentence: MWV. 

I have aRaymarine ST2000+ AutoPilot that only recognizes VWR NMEA sentence. I also have a Seatalk E85001 but I removed it to change it for a Quark QK-A031 as it has one SeaTalk Input/output and 3 NMEA In + One NMEA wired Out, and one WiFi out and also an USB Out. I managed to connect every thing I neded to tis unit and send all data to OpenCPN and other softwares in Phones and Tablet as Seawind PRO or Navionics. All working fine and revceiving NMEA data through WiFi.

I guess if OpenCPN (computer version) or the Raymarine Seatalk E85001 can convert the NMEA sentence MWV to VWR. Otherwise I'll use an Arduino unit to convert this sentence so I can finally use my Autopilot as a "Wind Vane" engine.

Maybe someone has a better knowledge about this integration an can trough some light to this problem. I woludb be very thankfull to any help.

Kind regards,

Txalamar.