This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch connection
I have +ve & -ve clutch connection on my Raymarine linear drive but only 1 clutch terminal on Pypilot.

Which one do I connect please??
I'm not a user of this (yet) but regarding documentation +ve should go to +12v power source and -ve should go to -clutch terminal on board.
Anyway, double check this before connecting
Good luck,
Seb
- SV Haimana
Yes, the clutch output on the motor controller connects this to ground (-ve) as you said. So your ve+ would just connect to 12v. It does pwm this output to potentially save power as well.

This also gives you the option to actually also supply a lower voltage, such as +12v to ve+ if the clutch is 12v but the motor is 24v for example.
Thank you for the explanation, I just wanted to be sure.