This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot connect Openplotter RPi to WiFi
I am having difficulties connecting my RPi4 which is running OpenPlotter to my boat WiFi.  At the moment I have resorted to a wired connection but this is not a long term solution.
I have set the Access Point to "none" but when I look at the WLan Client tab, the "+" button to add a WiFi connection is disabled.
Any suggestions?

Shortly after posting I discovered the "toolbar" button to the right of the top bar which allowed me to specify a WiFi connection. This is not how the OpenPlotter document explains how to connect to WiFi, and my WLan Client tab on the Network utility is still not showing anything and is locked down.
(2024-05-05, 07:11 AM)ningaloo Wrote:
Shortly after posting I discovered the "toolbar" button to the right of the top bar which allowed me to specify a WiFi connection.  This is not how the OpenPlotter document explains how to connect to WiFi, and my WLan Client tab on the Network utility is still not showing anything and is locked down.

It's actually in the docs here > 

"If you do not want to set up an access point and just want to connect your system to the marina’s public WiFi as a client using your built-in WiFi (on board), you will use the tool provided by your system to make the connection as usual and will set AP to none."

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....modes.html

No need to do anything in the network tab or enable any security if it's your own network.
To fix WiFi connection issues with a Raspberry Pi 4 running OpenPlotter, you check your WiFi adapter: Make sure your Raspberry Pi 4 has a compatible WiFi adapter installed and recognized by the system. You can check if the WiFi adapter is detected by running the iwconfig command in the terminal. If it's not listed, you may need to install or replace the WiFi adapter.