This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nmea 0183 Serial Adaptor Problem
It seems that this happens with more devices:
  • Plotter Raymarine C90W
  • Display Raymarine ST60
Same thing with Raymarine A95 Plotter. + and - are reversed. I can't say wether it is a fault in the plotter documentation or with the writing on the USB2ser adpator.

Rx- = yellow cable from plotter nmea out
Rx+= brown cable from plotter nmea out

Martin
This has been reported only with Raymarine products. I bet on a different "conception" of Raymarine labelling their products.
Also had this problem with an ICOM MXA-5000. Had to reverse the + and -. The device then fully flashed green instead of being in a weird "dimming" state.
So at this point I am not sure where is the problem either devices or converters. Most of people use the normal polarity. I will add a note in documentation recommending reversing polarity if something does not work. Since the device is protected against this, there is not problem testing.