This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Signal K data to NMEA183
Hey,
Following the topic on MPU9255, I am now trying to transfer data from Signal K to OpenCPN via NMEA183.
If I plug a USB GPS, it works flawless.

But the only way I found to transfer data from I2C (IMU, pressure, temps, humidity) is by using the NMEA183 generator for each of the data I want to transfer.
I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if it would be better to have a standard file with standard conversion (for ex. navigation.headingMagnetic ==> HDM) and calculation.

The pluging "Convert Signal K to NMEA01083" doesn't seems to change anything for me.

[Image: 23qz9cy.jpg]

[Image: 2wgb3eq.png]

Maxencep
Signal k sends NMEA converted data from TCP localhost 10110

Type that on a broser and you will see NMEA 0183 from signal k.

Be careful, if you sent this data to opencpn directly or through kplex because some sentences already are sent to opencpn. You should filter sentences or you will have redundant data.
Thank!
The line is OpenCPN was missing for me, that's why I was not receiving the data.