This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi Instability
When I use it as an access point, it does not timeout/sleep/drop the signal.  So far, it seems quite stable using the internal wifi as an access point.  The instability only seems to occur if the Pi is not setup to be used as an AP and just connected to my home network.  

I do not have a second wifi device to use yet, but my goal is to be able to use the internal wifi in conjunction with an external wifi dongle so that one will broadcast out as an access point and one will connect to my phone to tether internet access.  This way I will have an internet equipped wifi network on the boat.

It does not matter to me, I don't think, which wifi card will be used for the AP and which will be used for connecting to the phone's network.

Is there a way to use the internal wifi to connect to my home network and have a persistent remote access to it?

Thanks in advance : )

Messages In This Thread
Wifi Instability - by JTTOUS - 2017-07-05, 05:40 PM
RE: Wifi Instability - by Sailoog - 2017-07-05, 05:56 PM
RE: Wifi Instability - by JTTOUS - 2017-07-05, 07:19 PM
RE: Wifi Instability - by Saqqara - 2017-07-06, 04:47 PM