This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V0.8.0 up and running, and further studies (SPI I/F
Now that thanks to Sailoog and other fellows, the 0.8.0 beta is up and running, with all features plus closable inspector windows,  Cool,  I went back to some work on the prototyping board, and I'm all set for the testing of the SPI I/F with the MCP3008 A/D converter.

[Image: carte010.jpg]

I had to remove one 4 poles connector in the upper right corner of the picture as it was to close of the pin extensions  of the GPIO connector, and it prevented the correct insertion of my Pi wedge connector.

Also I had to cover the USB connectors of the RPi with adhesive tape to avoid risk of short circuit.
[Image: divers14.jpg]

As my RPi is already connected with a 7" screen, I have now a kind of "triple decker" proto :
[Image: divers12.jpg]

A few more views :
The Iroko compas housing : the lower part is only for prototyping
[Image: divers13.jpg]

and, also in Iroko the pressure, humidity & temperature sensors housing
[Image: divers11.jpg]

The whole proto set-up
[Image: divers10.jpg]

Any comment, questions, remarks most welcome ! Wink
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Yeah
I really love seeing your assemblies guys Smile
Do you mind if I move this post to the "Brag Board" forum? That forum is intended to show your work. You will be the first Smile
'll be very pleased of the honnour...
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Good job!! Congratulations!!!
H/W validated ! Smile
I connected directly the 4 remaining inputs, and tested successfully this ADC board following this tuto :
 analog sensors
(use the download pdf link)
btw Sailoog, you are planning to use the HW SPI I/F aren't you ?
Cordialement
Didier B

Yes, for analog sensors we will use MCP3008 and the SPI interface
(2016-05-01, 08:31 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, for analog sensors we will use MCP3008 and the SPI interface

Why use an new Interface and not the i2C Bus. There are cheap Interfaces for Analog also
Mini ADS1115 Module 16Bit I2C ADC+PGA

I hope there will be an Option to configure the Input Lines and Sources. So many Plans to realize....

Thanks again for your Work on this Application.
(2016-05-01, 10:09 AM)Didier B Wrote: H/W validated ! Smile
I connected directly the 4 remaining inputs, and tested successfully this ADC board following this tuto :
 analog sensors
(use the download pdf link)
btw Sailoog, you are planning to use the HW SPI I/F aren't you ?
Hi! How have you made the physical connections between the MCP3008 and the pins on the Pi on this prototype board? I see where you've bridged the power pins and the grounds. Did you solder underneath the board, to the bottoms of the header pins? Or was that part not completed yet at time of the photos? 

https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/assets/as...1396765077

In this image it appears they just poke wires into the black headers, but I suppose it would be better to remove the black headers to solder properly.
I finally soldered up the MCP3008. I connected to the PI via spaghetti wire on the bottom of the prototype board, soldered to the bottom of the header pins. And it works! I can monitor the voltage of my house bank.