This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiFi multiplexer, no connection
I'm having troubles with multiplexing my NMEA data in openplotter over WiFi. 
I have only one nmea device (AIS receiver) connected to the raspberry. The data is shown perfectly on openCPN, but when I try to send this to my phone or iPad it fails..

This is my AP setup: I still can connect through VNC and thus that network is recognised and runs smoothly.
[Image: IMG_0370.png]

And the nmea setup;
[Image: IMG_0371.png]

When I do a diagnostic info on the opencpn TCP out I'll receive these messages (timeout?);
[Image: IMG_0372.png]

Is it going wrong already here? (in openplotter?)

For clarity I made a video of the iPad trying to connect through the digitalYacht iAIS app;

Any clue on the problem, or where the problem actually initiates?
For now, It is fine to just multiplex only my AIS data. The input port is also shown on the second image (auto_mpx1 on USB). Is it possible to manually create an IP:port-combination for this data only, so I can visualize this on iSailor?
For the iphone connection try - (assuming both the Pi and Iphone are connected to the same network. )
169.254.248.252:10109

Nothing in diagnostic of opencpn TCP out sounds strange if the opencpn program running on the pi is showing AIS targets.
(2017-07-14, 11:06 AM)PaddyB Wrote: For the iphone connection try - (assuming both the Pi and Iphone are connected to the same network. )
169.254.248.252:10109

Nothing in diagnostic of opencpn TCP out sounds strange if the opencpn program running on the pi is showing AIS targets.

Thanks, that does seem to do something. Still, no connection or data..
In the video above the app made a connection and disconnected again reaally quick. With the new IP:port the app just stands still on 'connecting'.

Is there a way I can check the connection in another (free) way? Eg through the browser? Maybe the problem is just within the app. Also, can I just multiplex the AIS receiver directly by adding a new connection?