This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data from NMEA Multiplexer to OpenCpn
Hello

I'm using Openplotter 0.12. right now and it turns out to work fine.
There is one thing I can't understand so far.
My echosounder is sending NMEA sentences to OpenPlotter and I see them with the diagnostic tool.
When I open the dashboard of OpenCPN the display for water depth is empty.
As per my understanding OpenCPN is fed by the multiplexer. So it should be there.
How can I make the waterdepth visible?
(2017-07-18, 08:47 PM)aaltje Wrote: Hello

My echosounder is sending NMEA sentences to OpenPlotter and I see them with the diagnostic tool.
As per my understanding OpenCPN is fed by the multiplexer. So it should be there.

Can you see the data in OCPN's own NMEA data viewer? Don't change any connections there just use the viewer to make sure that the sentences show up. There is a funny in OCPN in that when you select the NMEA viewer you have to close the preferences window to uncover it and use the NMEA window.

What sentence is coming from your depth instruments?

Does it match the sentences used by OCPN (see the help pages where there is a list)?

You can probably translate the sentence you have to one that OCPN uses using the NMEA sentence builder in OpenPlotter. 

Chris
(2017-07-21, 12:11 AM)Littlechay Wrote:
(2017-07-18, 08:47 PM)aaltje Wrote: Hello

Can you see the data in OCPN's own NMEA data viewer? Don't change any connections there just use the viewer to make sure that the sentences show up. There is a funny in OCPN in that when you select the NMEA viewer you have to close the preferences window to uncover it and use the NMEA window.

What sentence is coming from your depth instruments?

Does it match the sentences used by OCPN (see the help pages where there is a list)?

You can probably translate the sentence you have to one that OCPN uses using the NMEA sentence builder in OpenPlotter. 

Chris

Dear Chris

The sentences received from echosounder are DBT and DPT. As written earlier with openplotter diagnostic, I see them coming in.
In opencpn I used the NMEA debug Window to see the incoming sentences. There are only sentences from gps-antenna and AIS receiver to be seen.
The echosounder sends his sentences every 4 seconds only. Is it possible, that this will be to slow?

Ludwig