This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Humidity ratio, Signal K
I have been in contact with the developer of the Wilhelm Signalk app for iOS about its inability to display humidity properly; he says that according to SignalK standards the number should be a "ratio" and 46% humidity should be .464643630981   What Openplotter sends is SignalK is 46.4643630981. 

It's possible he's the one who is mistaken. Thoughts?

(Seems like in a recent past version of openplotter I also saw numbers like 464643630981 without the decimal. )

I like his app a lot, but it is expensive. 

Greg
He can choose to say the humidity is 0.46 or he can say 46%, he can't say it's 0.46% ..... hopefully he will use the commonly accepted terminology and say 46%
Because he is expecting it to be .65 he is multiplying x100 and then when displaying it on an "analog" gauge in Wilhelm SK app with range from 0 to 100 it is always pegged at 100.
I am not familiar with this usage of the term "ratio" but a percentage is generally stored in a database as a fractional number not an integer; .6500 and not 65.00.
Clearly for display on an instrument view it should say 65.00%; the question is what should SignalK be passing for this kind of number, so that various apps know what to do with it.
(2017-08-01, 01:18 AM)Saqqara Wrote: I have been in contact with the developer of the Wilhelm Signalk app for iOS about its inability to display humidity properly; he says that according to SignalK standards the number should be a "ratio" and 46% humidity should be .464643630981   What Openplotter sends is SignalK is 46.4643630981. 

It's possible he's the one who is mistaken. Thoughts?

I think he is right. It's a bug.

In diagostics SignalK input
-> Unit Setting
-> Sort SK Unit
-> scroll down to SK Unit ratio
electronical.batteries.*.capacity.stateOfCharge  Description says: State of charge, 1 = 100%

To be compatible to SignalK, we have to change to 1 for 100%.
We will also add a convert option ratio to % for private Unit.
There will be many bug reports when we change it!!!
e-sailing has fixed this on signal k and openplotter code on 0.14.3. It may not work until a major update to update signal k code too.
Marking this as solved, thanks!