• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter development status
Information 
Our latest image is 0.10.0 and the current state is stable.

http://www.sailoog.com/en/blog/download-...0100-noobs

Stable means that we will not include new features, we will just fix errors until the new image based on Raspbian Stretch is released (v1.x.x beta).

OpenPlotter v0.x.x is not Raspberry 3B+ compatible

Next v1.x.x will be a major revision with big changes, these are some of them:
  • Based on Raspbian Stretch
  • Full autopilot implementation (pypilot)
  • Moitessier HAT implementation
  • New and better Signal K implementation with a web dashboard to manage settings and plugins
  • Raspberry 3B+ compatible

Here a complete task list: https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/projects/1

Help us to translate the interface: https://crwd.in/openplotter

Help us to write and translate the documentation: https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...ation.html
(08-04-2017, 06:33 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Our latest image is 0.10.0 and the current state is alpha.

Alpha means that there are still some parts that we need to implement or rebuild. But we are really close to beta status, this is the short list:

- Fix latest updating errors on 0.14.1 release.
- Finishing True Wind speed and direction on calculate tool
- Rebuild stop and play all actions.
- Make updating scripts standalone.

After that we will mark it as beta status. Beta means that we will not include new features, we will just fix errors until the stable status. Beta also means that we can start translating the interface into different languages and we can start working on documentation seriously.

Stable means that we have no errors and interface is translated and we can start working on the next alpha/beta. The first planed work will be the complete implementation of pypilot project to add an open autopilot to OpenPlotter.

It has been a long time since the creation of the last image 0.10.0 and every major update involves a long time to update packages and dependencies so it may be a good idea to create a new image after beta status is reached. More info about updating: https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...ating.html

I'm sure I speak for all of us here when I say we are very grateful for all your hard work on this.
The OpenPlotter project has been an incredible advance on my boat!
Yes, I am extremely grateful for all your hard work and quick response when there are issues!
Here here!
Great project and support is more responsive than many 'commercial' products

Thanks very much !
I read regular the developers discussions at git. It's clear a lot of implementation have to be dropped. Because you can install them and configure with command line. I saw such how they do it in other projects. They give one page in the documentation at the end that link to this projects. Official they are not include but useful. I know that exist for example a kplex integration for the Victron battery monitor. Not all solutions can be integrate inside the official suite. But it helps a lot. Yours advantage is such things are on yours radar and maybe you like as maintainer in a later version to integrate one or the other projects as official solution.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Hi !

It seems that a new version / image of Openplotter is not so far away ?  If so, It would me much appreciated if a plain image without the overhead of Noobs is published for download.  Also Noobs makes it more difficult to run the entire system from a external USB Msata disc witch maked the system much more responsive..

/Petter.
(09-14-2017, 03:09 PM)petter5 Wrote: Hi !

It seems that a new version / image of Openplotter is not so far away ?  If so, It would me much appreciated if a plain image without the overhead of Noobs is published for download.  Also Noobs makes it more difficult to run the entire system from a external USB Msata disc witch maked the system much more responsive..

/Petter.

OP 0.10.0 is based on a NOOBS version which do not have good support to boot from external devices. Later versions this became better. Anyway, I will try to build an img too.
I'd like to back Petter on this question. NOOBS is making it more difficult to integrate OP with other low-level packages. I still have trouble now and then after updates to get UPS Pico and OP to play along nicely....
But thanks again for your hard work! I like OP very much.

Christian
Agree. Both methods have pros and con. We can do both. The problem here is to find a good way to shrink an 8GB backup image file into a minimal size to distribute.
Since this is now at Beta and close to stable, it would be helpful to indicate that on the download page. When I first arrived at that page I figured I should be downloading the version 0.8 as that was labeled as stable and I didn't want to be using an unstable alpha version that says "Not to use in production."

But on further investigation it seemed that the self updating one (which was now at version 0.17 - a long way on from 0.10) was the way to go. Would be helpful to make that clearer on the download page.

Also, on first setting it up it is crucial to have a plugged in monitor and keyboard - otherwise one gets stuck at a screen that asks you to confirm the installation, which one won't see without a monitor. This is before any wifi connection is set up, so this step cannot be done headless, unless I am much mistaken. Once past that screen, installation is straightforward.

Great job putting this all together. This is just about to replace my Standard Horizon chartplotter that is starting to die - and the features on openCPN are way better anyway. :-)

Noel