• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter development status
(01-07-2018, 04:00 PM)noel Wrote: Also, on first setting it up it is crucial to have a plugged in monitor and keyboard - otherwise one gets stuck at a screen that asks you to confirm the installation, which one won't see without a monitor. This is before any wifi connection is set up, so this step cannot be done headless, unless I am much mistaken. Once past that screen, installation is straightforward.
I thought the same until the other day. Formatted a 16Gb card, copied across the v0.10 image files on a windows laptop onto the card  and put it in a Pi3 - powered up and left it for a while. Set up seemed fine, openplotter wifi network was there and VNCed straight in on 10.10.10.1 
Haven't tried the update from 0.10 to 0.17 headless yet.
(01-07-2018, 04:00 PM)noel Wrote: Since this is now at Beta and close to stable, it would be helpful to indicate that on the download page. When I first arrived at that page I figured I should be downloading the version 0.8 as that was labeled as stable and I didn't want to be using an unstable alpha version that says "Not to use in production."

But on further investigation it seemed that the self updating one (which was now at version 0.17 - a long way on from 0.10) was the way to go. Would be helpful to make that clearer on the download page.

Also, on first setting it up it is crucial to have a plugged in monitor and keyboard - otherwise one gets stuck at a screen that asks you to confirm the installation, which one won't see without a monitor. This is before any wifi connection is set up, so this step cannot be done headless, unless I am much mistaken. Once past that screen, installation is straightforward.

Great job putting this all together. This is just about to replace my Standard Horizon chartplotter that is starting to die - and the features on openCPN are way better anyway. :-)

Noel

You were right, I have removed all previous version to 0.10.0. I hope we reach stable stage of 0.10.0 reaaly soon and we can start working on 1.x.x based on debian stretch.

0.10.0 NOOBS image is completely unattended the first boot, you do not need monitor. You need wait a lot Smile
A no NOOBS image would be nice for the upcomming version,,,, :-)
(01-08-2018, 02:37 PM)petter5 Wrote: A no NOOBS image would be nice for the upcomming version,,,,  :-)

Yes we will try