This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VHF DSC - NMEA connection question
Update and some more asking for help.

So my body is in the water with the VHF all set up and able to be tested... and nothing works Sad

I tried the method above. Diagnostics send to suggest I was sending GPS data to my VHF fine, but that I wasn't recieving anything from it. However, when I had it activated, I would lose GPS signal in opencpn. I assume it was overwriting my prior GPS with its lack of information. I have an nmea to usb converter (was going to use it for something else) and tried that to see if it would help, it didn't.

The VHF has wires that only send out AIS information. I decided to get rid of everything else and just try that. All that seems to have done is stop it overwriting my GPS info (I suppose that's a slight positive :p ).

I'm feeling rather confused, any help would be great!

Messages In This Thread
VHF DSC - NMEA connection question - by Jonny - 2017-08-14, 05:40 PM
RE: VHF DSC - NMEA connection question - by Jonny - 2017-08-17, 11:30 PM
RE: VHF DSC - NMEA connection question - by Jonny - 2017-09-28, 04:49 PM
RE: VHF DSC - NMEA connection question - by Jonny - 2017-10-01, 09:52 AM