This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection SeatalkNg to CAN-USB stick
Hello, I have openplotter running the latest version 14.4 and I want to input the data from my electronics through the Can-USB to openplotter converter. On my boat I have the raymarine plotter with seatalk ng. Wind, depth  with seatalk 1 connected to the seatalk converter 1 to seatalk ng. The AIS with nmea2000 output is connected via the Seatalk ng to Nmea2000 converter cable. The network is Seatalkng, how do I connect the network to the Can-USB converter? Do I have to convert the data to Nmea2000, with the seatalkng-nmea2000 cable? Or can I extract the CanH and CanL cable directly from the Seatalkng Network?

Saludos
You only need CanH and CanL.
U Hello,
I am working with openplotter version 14.4 and usb to can usb debugger with 6 inputs.
I have tried connect the USB-can with the connector of AIS, (cable converter seatalkng to nmea2000) I use that connector to pull CanH and CanL with a low resistance cable for connect USB stick.
The resistance at the connector and on the usb stick are 60 ohms.
In openplotter I view and I set the USB can, but when I connect the network I don't recive any datas, and my network (boat)  not work. If I disconnect CanH and CanL my network starts working.

Something I do wrong. can anybody help me.

Thanks 
This week I received the USB CAN...

I tried to connect it directly from the spur cable from Raymarine with the CanH and CanL cables and it didn’t receive data from the net.

Then I’ve used a STng to N2K and it worked at first attempt.
(02-27-2018, 01:58 PM)manelvalls Wrote: This week I received the USB CAN...

I tried to connect it directly from the spur cable from Raymarine with the CanH and CanL cables and it didn’t receive data from the net.

Then I’ve used a STng to N2K and it worked at first attempt.

I am intersted in your experience, for I will connect the same adapter to seatalk ng.

Where was the Problem with seatalk ng? For my understanding electrically it is the same bus.

Did you connect CAN H = white and CAN L = blue?
Or do the pins have to be crossed like RX/TX in a NMEA 0183 bus?

Seatalkng
[Image: 97b84165b1ac3f3ce39f98009306f700.jpg]

NMEA2000
[Image: 74c197a54f22e9747ef0622ea18b3537.jpg]

What was your solution exactly?
I’ll try to connect directly from Raymarine white cable. I mean the low and high ones.

But today it didn’t work. Then with the stng to nmea2000 adapter it did work.

Next days I’ll send the results.

Manel
If you don't trust or if you don't want to rely on the connection pictures.
Try to find the CANH and CANL. Start with a voltmeter connect it to the minus of the battery and find the 12V wire. Isolate it. Use an ohmmeter to identify the CAN wires. They should show 60 ohms resistance. If you connect them wrong the network will stop. Just exchange the direction.

Another way is to use a continuity tester and check how the stng to nmea2000 adapter is wired.
Yesterday I installed the CAN Adapter in my Seatalk ng net. I connected white to CAN h and blue to CAN l, it worked at once.
Now I have to handle „tons“ of measuremnts coming in to SK.
(03-11-2018, 03:30 AM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Yesterday I installed the CAN Adapter in my Seatalk ng net. I connected white to CAN h and blue to CAN l, it worked at once.
Now I have to handle „tons“ of measuremnts coming in to SK.

Could you explain which Cable do you use? is it this one?

https://www.ensslin.com/raymarine-seatal...n/a-11270/
Principaly yes, but I scliced a normal spur cable in the middle.