This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install new nodes.is there a wrong installation of node red in Openplotter
I allways have a problem to install something in nodered like new nodes. Where is my mistake?

npm install node-red-node-mysql

any solution or tip how to do?

pi@openplotter:~ $ cd .node-red/
pi@openplotter:~/.node-red $ sudo npm install node-red-node-mysql
npm ERR! Linux 4.9.35-v7+
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "node-red-node-mysql"
npm ERR! node v6.11.2
npm ERR! npm  v3.10.10
npm ERR! path /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard
npm ERR! code EISGIT

npm ERR! git /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard: Appears to be a git repo or submodule.
npm ERR! git     /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard
npm ERR! git Refusing to remove it. Update manually,
npm ERR! git or move it out of the way first.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /home/pi/.node-red/npm-debug.log
pi@openplotter:~/.node-red $
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...481&page=2 post 13
Code:
mkdir /home/pi/freeback
sudo mv /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard /home/pi/freeback/
sudo chown -R pi:pi /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/.bin/
cd /home/pi/.node-red
npm install node-red-node-mysql
sudo mv /home/pi/freeback/node-red-contrib-freeboard /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/
sudo reboot

edited this should work for you . after that to install other nodes you just move the freeboard node to and from the folder you made.

sudo mv /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-freeboard /home/pi/freeback/

cd /home/pi/.node-red

install node

sudo mv /home/pi/freeback/node-red-contrib-freeboard /home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/

reboot

thank abarrow for that one
jim
did work in generall thanks a lot. i just start with it and lost the freeboard but could also install influxdb module with it. to use grafana here do not check how to set up the nginx server to grafana because it use port 3000 what is reserved for signal k.

but why to set freeboard up in a way that it blocks all?
i have no idea i dont use freeboard at all, i use nodered dashboard and duckdns to view it online.
the only db i have used is sqlite.
If you install a module via git clone, you will get the EISGIT error. You can instead achieve the same without the error by using 
Code:
npm install [git user]/repo
https://randomsporadicprojects.blogspot....-to_9.html

here is a small instruction that i like to try now to make first steps with node red.

rest works perfect for me.

http://arztde.dynvpn.de/epsolar/index.php

But the future is with grafana as you see here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agXVW4nIOOg&t=212s
You like to guide me for first steps with MQTT and node red?
Photo 
do you need all that info ? 
i use just battery volts and amps charge.

I do not have a sailing boat. I cruise river and it will be a proof of concept for me. If I set up at home the solar station at least I like to have both in one dashboard. Opencpn provides no maps for the area is another example that I can go with a local tile server and OSM much better. Grafana at least is the most flexible solution I saw.

But i like yours dashboard. The boat is not in the water now so I hope until next year I have something fits my needs...

My Problem is for example that user pi is allowed to make a update and upgrade. And other things.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
(2017-08-19, 05:26 PM)tocan Wrote:  Opencpn provides no maps for the area is another example that I can go with a local tile server and OSM much better. 

Look at GE2KAP, will create kap files from either google earth or anything SAS planet can display which includes navionics. Then you can have a feature rich nautical chart plotter. 

http://shoreline.fr/PHiggins/GE2KAP/Engl...enCPN.html
(2017-08-19, 07:46 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2017-08-19, 05:26 PM)tocan Wrote:  Opencpn provides no maps for the area is another example that I can go with a local tile server and OSM much better. 

Look at GE2KAP, will create kap files from either google earth or anything SAS planet can display which includes navionics. Then you can have a feature rich nautical chart plotter. 

http://shoreline.fr/PHiggins/GE2KAP/Engl...enCPN.html

I know about this and did installed it and did try to make some maps. But as more and more i think about it it will not helps maybee. I have to travel 3000 km rivers and there exists also for this good maps in OSM tiles format. Important is also i can set up a local tiles server and can make changes and notices much more easy. The boat is a flatbottom boat and under normal conditions i do not need a sonar solution. I like to have one because of the OSM waterdeepth project. If i am in danube delta the existing paper maps are not usefull if you go not the normal main trafic ways. so i have in long time need the help of local fisherman to change the charts. Additional there exist no petrol stations on the water for more than 500 km so its necessary allways to for a search of the most close petrol station at landside and most of this information is not include in the vector charts.

Anyways the installing of new nodes does work now. Still exist the problem that Grafana-Server does use port 3000 and  a change in the config does not work.