This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] minor: need to restart functions in various tabs after reboot/update
I find that after I reboot I have to restart NMEA, restart I2C, restart 1 wire, etc from each of these tabs individually to get the data flowing again.

It may be that this only occurs after an openplotter update, as that's often why I am rebooting.

It's a very small thing, but eventually I can see wanting it to all just come up working, in some applications. 

Or even a scheduled update, or "update and shutdown" option to use routinely.
Please open a terminal and type startup restart to see if there is any prblem with signal k initialization.
For some /dev/ttyACMx devices you need to set a delay in "Startup" tab because they need some time to be initiated by system.
Hi!

I have the same problem with a 0.15 fresh installation. I always need to restart Signal K to make the GPIO input working after a reboot.

"startup restart" does not produce errors and Signal K is working after the command. Anyways, after a reboot I need to restart Signal K manually.

Martin

Update: As far as I can test from remote, a delay of 10 seconds in the startup tab did the job.
Saqqara hay you tried this:

"Please open a terminal and type startup restart to see if there is any prblem with signal k initialization.
For some /dev/ttyACMx devices you need to set a delay in "Startup" tab because they need some time to be initiated by system. "
Saqqara I would need more info about this. I need to close issues to go forward...
I had the same Problem. 10 sec delay fixed it.
Sorry for the slow feedback.

After upgrading to version 0.15.1 I once again had to restart things on the various tabs. However, when I reboot I don't have to restart them. And perhaps that is how it always was, because generally when I reboot it was because I upgraded.

In the name of science, I set a 10 second delay then forced an update. After it rebooted, it was not necessary to restart the sensors.

It seems likely the delay solved it.
science will be eternally grateful to you for those 10 seconds Tongue

thanks for testing