This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
signalk roll/heel ; AIS ; Wait-Tab
Hello, I fear you did not understand me.
With pitch everything is correct.

I try to express it differently.
I would like to appear in signalk heel.
I can not display the value or use it for actions.
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
sailoog Wrote:2. heel key does not exist in signal k definition, only roll: http://signalk.org/specification/master/...ranch.html
The heel value you see in compass tab is navigation.attitude.roll in signal k. Yes a little bit confusing.

Hello @sailoog,
I think in the current OP in the signalk key: "navigation.attitude.roll" the value roll is used.
But the value heel would have to be used, right?

The value "roll" is displayed in OP and in opencpn. Better would be the value heel.
Greetings Jürgen
We use the value heel from compass to send data to the signal k key "navigation.attitude.roll" because key "navigation.attitude.heel" does not exist in signal k specification.
Hello,
I think that is not so.
See image.
Roll = 0 °
heel = 25 °

If it would be as you would say in the diagnosis window
navigation.attitude.roll = 25 °, or?

Greetings Jürgen

Attached Files Image(s)

Sorry for the confusion.   The value you may be looking for is "roll + heel"

I had been experimenting with using the roll and roll rate values to influence the autopilot.  The autopilot needs to differentiate between the static heeling and the roll position (as well as roll rate)

The heel value is subtracted from the raw roll value.    Maybe this is confusing??

I tried to have some input in the signalk specification, but gave up when I realized that the implementors were not interested in efficiency.  I have my own standard which is nearly the same, and hopefully will be compatible soon.   Currently there is a simple translation written by sailoog between the two signalk standards which translates I think only, heading, pitch and heel.

As you can see from the scope (and autopilot if you run it) I have _many_ more values than what is in the official standard, not only "heel"

What do you need this value for exactly?  How are you using it?
Hi,
I drive a working boat (Faster 650 CAT) with a maximum payload of 1500kg. The value should help to find the right loading state.
Greetings Jürgen
Can you use the heel value that is reported as roll?
navigation.attitude.roll with the value heel.

that would be perfect

Yes i can.
Good.

Be aware that this behavior might change in the future, as things might get renamed or remapped.
No problem.
We will surely find a solution.

What do I have to do now to see heel in navigation.attitude.roll?
Greetings Jürgen