This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] NMEA 0183 generator losing data..
Hi,   on this setup -
Pi3, openplotter 0.15.1, ads1115, BMP180, MPU9250, dual usb serial ais/gps

I have the generator set to create  a MDA nmea sentence from the BMP180 barometer data and some other sentences  -
[NMEA0183]

sentences = [['MTW', [['propulsion.eng.temperature', 'x.x', '-', 273.15], 'C'], 1.0], ['MDA', ['', '', ['environment.outside.pressure', 'x.xxx', '/', 100000.0], '', ['environment.inside.temperature', 'x.x', '-', 271.15], 'C', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ''], 1.0], ['HDG', [['navigation.headingMagnetic', 'x.x|deg', '+', 0.0], '0', 'W', '0', 'W'], 1.0]]

Problem is it seems to lose the barometer data after a few minutes. If I edit the generator, or just go in and OK again, this sentence is created -
$OCMDA,,,1.021,,26.8,C,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*39

Then after a few minutes it doesn't add the pressure ..
$OCMDA,,,0.0,,27.0,C,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*32

Nothing showing up in the terminal just this after restarting the NMEA generator..
GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels 200 4.067 ms - 5358

The signalK side seems to be fine, it gets saved to a database an doesn't show any dropout of the barometer data.

Odd one, any ideas anyone?

TIA
I will try to reproduce, thanks
I am not able to reproduce this issue. I always have pressure data.
Have you discarded bad connection or hardware malfunction?
(2017-09-13, 06:26 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I am not able to reproduce this issue. I always have pressure data.
Have you discarded bad connection or hardware malfunction?

I can't reproduce it either now   Dodgy

That's without even a reboot. 

I'll keep hunting and logging, pretty sure hardware is fine, the database get stored from signalk data and it seems to be fine all the way, no zero values.
Do you mind if I mark this as solved? We need to clean the list to go forward Smile reopen if necessary.
I think that's probably the best way to go so you can move on, it's still dropping out but will run for hours and I can't track down why so think I'll give up for now, it isn't vital anyway. If anything new comes up I'll post here.
Thanks

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk