This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMEA sentences in OPcpn
I installed OP 0.15.1, but  the wind station NMEA sentences are not trasmitted  to OPcpn and in dashboard  I haven't indication of the intensity and wind direction values. GPS works perfectly. Why? Where is the problem?

Thanks.
hi,
check the input in kplex from the wind-station.
check the output in kplex to opencpn.

restart the kplex
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
(2017-09-18, 10:54 AM)Luckbert Wrote: hi,
check the input in kplex from the wind-station.
check the output in kplex to opencpn.

restart the kplex
input kplex ok, there are the sentences from wind station. 
Output too.
In opencpn there are not any sentences in input!
(2017-09-18, 11:02 AM)gaspbut Wrote: input kplex ok, there are the sentences from wind station. 
Output too.
What sentence is the wind station sending?

The dashboard expects MWV, this sentence works >
$NRMWV,179,R,55,N,A*1e

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p..._sentences

Quote:MWV - Wind Speed and Angle

But if Opencpn isn't seeing the sentence then this won't help - what output in the kplex tab are you seeing the sentences?
is it opencpn?
(options-> connections-> show NMEA debug window)

Where should he display the data? dashboard plugin?
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
(2017-09-18, 11:49 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2017-09-18, 11:02 AM)gaspbut Wrote: input kplex ok, there are the sentences from wind station. 
Output too.
What sentence is the wind station sending?

The dashboard expects MWV, this sentence works >
$NRMWV,179,R,55,N,A*1e

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p..._sentences

Quote:MWV - Wind Speed and Angle

But if Opencpn isn't seeing the sentence then this won't help - what output in the kplex tab are you seeing the sentences?

My wind station sends  sentences like "$IIMWV,179,R,55,N,A*1e".  With stable OP 0.8.0 works great!
(2017-09-18, 01:37 PM)gaspbut Wrote:
Output too.

My wind station sends  sentences like "$IIMWV,179,R,55,N,A*1e".  With stable OP 0.8.0 works great!
Which entries in Kplex do you see this sentence? You should just need one input then kplex will send it to opencpn so if you click the diagnostic button with the opencpn selected you should see the messages there? Could you copy a message from there?
(2017-09-18, 02:59 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2017-09-18, 01:37 PM)gaspbut Wrote:
Output too.

Which entries in Kplex do you see this sentence? You should just need one input then kplex will send it to opencpn so if you click the diagnostic button with the opencpn selected you should see the messages there? Could you copy a message from there?
Yes, as soon as I go boat I'll let you know
Hi,
Now apparent wind works perfectly but not true wind. Why?