This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Openplotter won't start after upgrade
I just upgraded my OP version 12 system after being away for a couple of months. It upgraded to version 15.

Now, Openplotter won't start. 

When I try running openplotter in a terminal window, I get this:

Code:
pi@openplotter:~ $ openplotter
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 3517, in <module>
   MainFrame().Show()
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 250, in __init__
   self.read_i2c()
 File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter", line 1881, in read_i2c
   self.list_i2c.Append([str(c), name, address, magn_list[c], iii[0], str(iii[1]), str(iii[2])])
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'magn_list' referenced before assignment
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
might be bad update try this open a terminal and type:

/home/pi/.config/openplotter/update/update_OpenPlotter.sh
Thanks. I gave it a try, but was unsuccessful. I've rebuilt from scratch now, and it seems to be working fine. I was reluctant to do that before as I'm booting from an SSD, and moving the files from the SD card can be a pain. I guess you have to look at these things as opportunities to clean things up!

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
This was the solution: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...01#pid2501
Thanks! I wish I'd seen this, but it's okay. I ended up rebuilding, and stupid me, didn't backup my node-red stuff (I backed up .config but forgot that node-red is in a different folder). Oh well, perhaps they will be better when I do them a second time!

BTW, I finally went through and stripped out the BOOT and ROOT partitions and installed them directly on an SD card (BOOT) and an SSD (for ROOT). Performance has improved dramatically, and since it isn't going through the prompt for restore, boot time is a lot better now too.

Thanks for the support. I hope you being back means that things have calmed down at home?