This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
openplotter v0.10.0alpha : hostapd not starting
Hi, I'm testing openplotter v.0.10.0alpha NOOBS.
Everything seems to work except wifi AP. I'm using a wifi dongle (ASUS USB-N13) that perfectly works in 0.8.0 but not in the alpha version. 
The status Info in openplotter WiFi AP says

missing AP! or driver is not nl80211
up network: wlan0
dnsmasq (dhcp server): running
hostapd (AP): stopped
networking: started

ip address
10.10.10.1 wlan0

Any suggestion ?

Sandro

I forgot:
RaspberryPi mod. 2
OpenPlotter 0.15.1 beta
IMU InvenSense MPU-9255

Sandro
Update to 0.15.1
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
Do you know the dongle chipset? some chipsets have not support on lastest raspbian versions. I recommend you to change to a supported dongle. Moving this thread to "How do I...?" forum
(2017-10-05, 05:18 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Do you know the dongle chipset? some chipsets have not support on lastest raspbian versions. I recommend you to change to a supported dongle. Moving this thread to "How do I...?" forum

The chipset is Ralink RT3072. It works on latest raspbian. 
But I was wrong: it works on OP 0.10 alpha and does not work in OP 0.15.

Regards
sanrab
Be sure your have enough power to feed your system, unplug all your other devices and left just the wifi dongle, are you using a powered usb hub?
you could also add
max_usb_current=1
in /boot/config.txt to boost the usb power.
http://mitchtech.net/realtek-wireless-do...pberry-pi/