This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter development affected by events in Catalonia
Sad 
Hi OP users,

As you know we are set in Barcelona. We have been affected by violent actions of Spanish police against the referendum day of October 1. No one is seriously injured but we are still in shock. We have not much time to work on OP now but we hope we can catch up with development soon. We are close to the stable version and just few major updates are left, please keep with us.
I'm sorry to hear that this is affecting you. I hope you remain safe and well throughout these times!!!

Health and Family come first. Take care of you and your's. OpenPlotter can wait.

Best Wishes,
Richard
Stay safe amigo. OP can wait.
(2017-10-05, 06:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Hi OP users,

As you know we are set in Barcelona. We have been affected by violent actions of Spanish police against the referendum day of October 1. No one is seriously injured but we are still in shock. We have not much time to work on OP now but we hope we can catch up with development soon. We are close to the stable version and just few major updates are left, please keep with us.

Hope yu get an better state
although I don't care about these politics but police violence is always abhorrent.
Sorry to hear you are effected - may peace soon return, Barcelona is such a great city.

.... and don't worry OP can wait for things to calm down.
Keep safe

Whatever your views on the political issues, it is sickening to have 1984 style police brutality in Europe in the 21st century, especially to stop people expressing their views.
Barcelona is one of my favourite cities, Amita spent the winter there in 2015-16 and my previous yacht Altum did the same in 2002-3

Its terrible to see the troubles you and the city are enduring Sailoog

Take care and keep safe

Steve
I really appreciate your words guys. We feel so alone now.
I did not want to bring politics here sorry but It is difficult to talk or think about anything else these days. Spaniards have gone crazy, we just wanted to vote ...
Anyway, the show must go on, we have to keep our lifes on or they will win. This weekend I will try to publish a new update.
(2017-10-06, 06:57 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I really appreciate your words guys. We feel so alone now.
I did not want to bring politics here sorry but It is difficult to talk or think about anything else these days. Spaniards have gone crazy, we just wanted to vote ...
Anyway, the show must go on, we have to keep our lifes on or they will win. This weekend I will try to publish a new update.

Politics are pretty bad just about everywhere.  Countries claim democracy but it's fake.  The few exceptions I can remember are in remote islands without police.
Heart 
Hi  Sailoog, I only want to express all my sympathy and concern to you and Catalonia Heart .
We have been deeply chocked, and affected by the misbehaviour of what was supposed to be a democratic state as an EU member !  Sick  Angry

This is not place for political elaboration or development, so I just tell you I would like to help and support !

Soc Catalan !
Didier B
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you