This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A beginner can manage it! - RPi3 + Sensehat
(2017-10-06, 09:58 AM)Leigh Wrote: My setup:

1. Raspberry Pi 3 in Shortcrust case
  2. Sensehat moved out of Shortcrust case with 2x20 pin ribbon cable (pulled GPIO connector block off of of bottom of Sensehat to allow correct connection)
  3. Downloaded 0.10.0 OP from the website & installed it
  4. Updated everything from the update tab in OP (Raspbian, OpenCPN, OP to 0.15.1)
  5. In OP ticked the Mag Heading, heel & pitch in the Compass tag
  6. In OP Added the listed sensors in the I2C tab
  7. In OP Tools > NMEA 0183 Generator > OpenCPN defaults
  8. In OpenCPN right click Dashboard > Preference: Add, Heel, Pitch
  9. Headless, VNC to Nexus 7 2012
  10. Signal K to 'phone
  11. I will scan my charts for Lisbon (or maybe make a copy stand for my SLR and then stitch photos) 
  12. I have bought John Thorn's MAPC2MAPC software to calibrate scans
  13. Just waiting for a GPS and a 12V -> 5V DC supply from Sailoog's site to complete
  14. I'm Superstitious

Looks great, well done!   Couple thoughts, I prefer using the opencpn android app, it's quicker than VNC and still uses all the wifi ais/gps etc data. There are 2 versions in the app store, the free one is old and not supported, the paid version is the real one, doesn't cost much.
Also, for charts have you looked at ge2kap ? Using that and sasplanet you can make charts from navionics. 

[Image: At1WmVy.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A begginer can manage it! - RPi3 + Sensehat - by PaddyB - 2017-10-07, 08:58 AM