This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiFi AP/VNC dropping connection
Latest OP (0.16.) and Raspbian as per OP Update

I cannot maintain a stable VNC connection using the Pi/OP AP
After a few minutes I get a message to say "connection Lost" and I have to reconnect my VNC client.
If I use a separate router as an AP and connect both the Pi and my (Android) VNC client using WiFi, its rock solid with no drop outs.
Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else experience AP drop outs?
BTW this problem isnt new to 0.16.0, Ive had it for a while
Thanks
Steve
90% of AP issues are power issues. Distance and intense traffic increases the power demand, I would start checking this. Unplug any USB device or any device that need power from the raspberry and check the AP.
Sailoog - Thanks
Just dawned on me that maybe my 3A 12-5v DC-DC converter is letting me down. Will try an alternate PSU and report back for benefit of others.
Keep up the great work.
Regards
Steve