• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Openplotter installation Blog
(05-09-2016, 06:24 PM)alekoy Wrote: Awesome!

Have you got dimming/light control to work on the RPI-screen?
That is one of the things I want to get working..

Yes, I can switch off the backlight, and switch it back on. But I did not find how I do it best. Actually I have two icons for this on the screen, but it is hard to find the "on" icon when the screen is off :-).

The best solution would be to switch the backlight on, when the screen is touched anywhere.
Ideas how to solve this?
No, I have no idea Tongue

I see your cut-out is perfect, did you measure the screen yourself, or did you find a datasheet for it (I have looked all the usual places for one)
I have a CNC-router myself, so I think I have to do something similar to what you have done.

Also, I read somewhere that the LCD-module is just stuck to the glass with a tiny amount of double sided tape and have come apart for some users, so be careful if you are holding everything in place using the two yellow bars, just a heads up Smile

and finally, you don`t need to connect the 2 i2c-wires from the screen to the PI, there is a seperate i2c-bus connected through the flat-flex between the boards already Smile this frees up the i2c-pins for IMU/other sensors Smile

EDIT: the "somewhere" was a review on sparkfun product page;
"I purchased 5 touchscreen. Two before and three in January. Touch and display quality is superb. After two-three month of use (no rough use; handled with care), display LCD and front touchpanel (black bezel) break apart. They both are connected using a thin double sided tape. I was planning to use in industrial environment but after such issue, I dropped my plan to use it in industrial environment."
Thank you for the information about the glued display frame.
There is a PDF with the technical drawing in the net. I made a dxf File out of this. If you want, I can give you the dxf, or the g-code for the mill.
(05-11-2016, 03:23 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Thank you for the information about the glued display frame.
There is a PDF with the technical drawing in the net. I made a dxf File out of this. If you want, I can give you the dxf, or the g-code for the mill.

A DXF would be great!
where did you find the PDF? I have looked on the official raspberry pages etc..
My email is aleksander@oyen.in

Thanks!
(05-12-2016, 01:13 PM)alekoy Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 03:23 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote: Thank you for the information about the glued display frame.

A DXF would be great!
where did you find the PDF? I have looked on the official raspberry pages etc..
My email is aleksander@oyen.in

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvl3st8pdth0ha...5.pdf?dl=0
Thanks for the PDF!

I had made a drawing using a model I found in the sketchup "warehouse", and the measurements were wrong in that model, but the pdf saved me before messing up a square foot of 2mm carbon fiber plate Smile
Pi+screen installed in the plate, and plate installed in the panel, so now I just have to finish all the connections Smile
Great! Can post pictures?
I will make a thread with details when I get stuff fully working, have to connect to a B&G H3000, and also connect a H5000 display to the H3000 via a Actisense unit and so on.. I think there will be some head-scratching this weekend :p
Hi!

Meanwile I am running OP 0.8 on my boat, which stays in water during the winter.
I transmit the data via a GSM Stick via email to a second email account (@.me.com) from where I can distribute the content to several services.

The is a pushover alarm for motion and shore power failure. At home I have a dlink sirene, that can be triggered by IFTTT via a email.
The weather data emails trigger IFTTT actions to write the parameter in google sheets automaticaly. The data grafics are published on a website http://meineboot.seite.com .

Now I hope that the mimik will run stable...

How do you visualize your data?

Martin
(05-04-2016, 01:43 PM)Alpenskipper Wrote:
(05-04-2016, 07:36 AM)Sailoog Wrote: amazing!
I can see you have installed the virtual keyboard matchbox, Does it work right? I have not installed on OP core because processor jumps to 90% and it had some important bugs.

Yes, the keyboard is running. But the keys are pretty small. I will try to find another layout.
And the touchscreen isn't as easy to aim as with my tablet.
I will have a look on CPU usage.

Tomorrow I will install the board on board :-).

Martin
Hi Martin, is the touchscreen working well with OpenCPN? I am (still) having difficulty selecting items from the main Menu Bar...they "show" selected (they are highlighted) but do not execute as with left-click of the mouse. Appreciate any help/tips on using this delightful little display with OP and OpenCPN. Thanks.