This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to monitor the boat using MQTT or SMS ?
(2017-10-14, 10:19 AM)affinite Wrote: Thanks for all suggestions and comments so far  Smile

Real-Time monitoring and MQTT would be nice, and I am a fan of Node-Red but internet connection is an issue as I dont have reliable WiFi in the boatyard. In essence, its a battery low voltage alert that I need so maybe an OP driven SMS from a GSM Dongle would be better for me.
Its interesting exploring the options though.
Steve

So if you dont like my node red solution and want to save your power get an arduino pro mini + GSM module + something to measure the voltage like the ina219. Put it to deepsleep and wake it every hour to get the voltage. If its below a certain value let it send a message to you in form of a SMS, mail, what ever.
Google the key words there are many youtube videos regarding this topics. You can get the job done in less than 2h.
(2017-10-14, 12:10 PM)shark24 Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 10:19 AM)affinite Wrote: Thanks for all suggestions and comments so far  Smile

Real-Time monitoring and MQTT would be nice, and I am a fan of Node-Red but internet connection is an issue as I dont have reliable WiFi in the boatyard. In essence, its a battery low voltage alert that I need so maybe an OP driven SMS from a GSM Dongle would be better for me.
Its interesting exploring the options though.
Steve

So if you dont like my node red solution and want to save your power get an arduino pro mini + GSM module + something to measure the voltage like the ina219. Put it to deepsleep and wake it every hour to get the voltage. If its below a certain value let it send a message to you in form of a SMS, mail, what ever.
Google the key words there are many youtube videos regarding this topics. You can get the job done in less  than 2h.
I now have lots of ideas but I think your first suggestion (Node Red, Huawei modem etc) is probably the route to pursue
When watching the data trough GSM i mesured 6MB/ 10 min.
I have 150MB limt for data. After the 150 MB habe been used the speed is reduced to 64kb/sec, but unlimited.
This is still fast enough to transmit node red data and even still pictures from the webcam.
Martin
In case you do not need any openplotter stuff just take this image... thats my question which tracer you use... needs some fast configuration but realy ready to use

this is live https://solaranzeige.de/user/demo.php from a motorboat in bremen 350Watt in total the panels https://solaranzeige.de/user/demo_weitere_daten.php

ican upload the raspberrian build was from planed for a later time to make an article for my blog. is tested with some chargers of different companies... but still no signal k integration...

i forgot its not mine and the code is open but no gpl and its commercial so i did not choose for this but good for learning proposals...
(2017-10-12, 08:00 PM)shark24 Wrote: Well if you've got already a working monitoring solution you can use e.g. node-red to store the data in a logfile  and then send it once a day via mail.
There are USB-GSM modules available like the huawei 303 that are working flawlessly with the Pi3.
This would be the path I would go

I am having a real rough time getting my huawei 303 to work. It keeps recognizing it as removable media. Tried quite a few resolutions from different websites, but no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right directions. Is there anything specific about OP that makes it different than other Rpi3 set ups?

Thanks