This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display?
Question 
Could anyone tell me the most reasonable solution for a display to be mounted down below somewhere dry?
Is it the offical 7" RPi one, or are there other good (and simple to implement) alternatives?
Thanks
(2017-10-12, 02:37 PM)Leigh Wrote: Could anyone tell me the most reasonable solution for a display to be mounted down below somewhere dry?
Is it the offical 7" RPi one, or are there other good (and simple to implement) alternatives?
Thanks

I just use a samsung 19" monitor, not sure if it's this one but something like this >
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/mon...350hnnxza/

Runs straight of the boat 12V , draws about 1A.

Though most of the time I VNC from a laptop, on passage the monitor gets a bit more use.
Thanks
I should have said small display. 7 or maybe 10" perhaps.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Hi,
I'm using 'official' raspberry 7" touch screen, with some drawbacks :
The display area is 800x480 pixels and definitely, 480 is not high enough !
eg : In the set keyboard dialog  (Raspberry preferences it is quite difficult to reach the 'OK' button at the bottom of the window.
Even worse, in some of OpenCPN dialogues windows it is absolutely impossible to reach the bottom of the window where is hiding that @["{# 'OK' button ! Angry 

Another problem with touch screen : OpenCPN has no 'shutdown', or 'quit' button ! Of course, as the display is small you launched it in "full screen" and you need a keyboard if you want to stop it ! Not to mention the plugin menu where the activate button is also quite hard to reach...
I think I will continue with that too small display and use VNC or RDP from a tablet to walk around these issues, unless I can put my hands on a 10" sainsmart display...
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you