This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run mqtt locally?
(2017-10-14, 10:55 PM)shark24 Wrote:
(2017-10-14, 07:47 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Just had another thought - is there any kind of mqtt - signalk converter around.? Maybe not, bit of a vague conversion.

Take a look at my first post. Never tried it out but from my understanding this is what you are looking for

Thanks, missed that.

Though yet again openplotter is ahead of the game, it does it already Cool

In this example if you send a mqtt message to topic testsig then openplotter will map the value to signelk for you. 

Could be handy for sending from an esp8266 without having to write a full signalk delta , just send a mqqtt value.

[Image: XmoCKqd.png]

@Sailoog - does this work the other way round? Can you send a mqtt message from a signalk value in openplotter? I use node-red but if you could send from inside openplotter it might help anyone to monitor away from the boat without having to get into node-red.
(2017-10-15, 10:53 AM)Padd Wrote: @Sailoog - does this work the other way round? Can you send a mqtt message from a signalk value in openplotter? I use node-red but if you could send from inside openplotter it might help anyone to monitor away from the boat without having to get into node-red.

Yes you can.

Set a general MQTT topic "xxx" and create an action "Publish on topic: xxx", press "Add Signal K key" button and select the key you want to be published.

There is another way using the signal k plugin "signalk-mqtt-gw" on signal k app store but I have not played with it yet.
(2017-10-15, 01:04 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2017-10-15, 10:53 AM)Padd Wrote: @Sailoog - does this work the other way round? Can you send a mqtt message from a signalk value in openplotter? I use node-red but if you could send from inside openplotter it might help anyone to monitor away from the boat without having to get into node-red.

Yes you can.

Set a general MQTT topic "xxx" and create an action "Publish on topic: xxx", press "Add Signal K key" button and select the key you want to be published.

Nice, ta. Well there's an easy  low bandwidth way to log data online for viewing on any web browser, send it as mqtt then write a simple dashboard on FRED to view it. Cool
(2017-10-14, 05:35 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You got it.

To set the local broker in 10.10.10.1:1883 (mosquitto) you have just to set name and password on MQTT tab, if you also define a remote broker, topics will be defined local and remote at the same time. If you are on board connect to the local broker, if you are at home connect to the remote broker.

Looking forward to saying people RTFM but I am afraid first I should WTFM Smile

Hi...sorry to be so thick-headed but which name and which password do i use for MQTT Remote Broker? I am trying to get to my Thingspeak channel with OP data from Kplex (such as GPS, Wind, Heading, etc.) but having trouble with the basics here.  On Thingspeak they use terms such as ChannelID and Write API Key...where/how do I enter these terms?  As noted above, the Topic box won't allow characters such as "/" which are required to properly connect with Thingspeak. Thanks!
https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-...ingspeak42