This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opencpn chartloader
I just installed openplotter and updated to 0.16.0beta and opencpn 4.8.0. I am trying to find the folder location with the predefined chart list in the chartloader plugin in opencpn. When I click "add" it asks to select a folder. I have no idea where the list is. Can anyone help out?
i am assuming chartloader is chart downloader

you need to add a chart source and it will auto fill a folder for you
when you select add a window should pop up with two choices " + usa + chart catalogs" expand one find your region or area of the charts you want to download then select it and press OK. it will then download a list of charts in that area..pick as many as you want it will download them.
if you mean in preferences the default is /home/pi/Charts
This might help ->

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p...loader_tab
(2017-10-17, 05:31 AM)jim321 Wrote: i am assuming chartloader is chart downloader

you need to add a chart source and it will auto fill a folder for you
when you select add a window should pop up with two choices " + usa  + chart catalogs" expand one find your region or area of the charts you want to download then select it and press OK. it will then download a list of charts in that area..pick as many as you want it will download them.
if you mean in preferences the default is  /home/pi/Charts

Yes, chart down loader. The porblem I am having is when I click add the window pops up empty. There are no choices in it to expand.
(2017-10-17, 02:26 PM)Tkalvol Wrote: Yes, chart down loader. The porblem I am having is when I click add the window pops up empty. There are no choices in it to expand.

This is what I get on a win10 laptop = 

[Image: stxcweL.gif]

If you have a blank window here then you might be better off asking on the opencpn forum here >

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/
You didn't select any charts to download. Select a country first, then it will show a directory for that country to put the files in.
(2017-10-17, 03:14 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2017-10-17, 02:26 PM)Tkalvol Wrote: Yes, chart down loader. The porblem I am having is when I click add the window pops up empty. There are no choices in it to expand.

This is what I get on a win10 laptop = 

[Image: stxcweL.gif]

If you have a blank window here then you might be better off asking on the opencpn forum here >

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/

Thank you. I have done some more research on this subject. I am running a RPi 3 with the 7" touch screen. It appears that the "add" window size is being mismanaged by the os. It is very short with no way to resize it so when it comes up there is no screen area between the tabs of defined/custom and the chart directory area. The box with the predefined chart choices is not there or is overwritten by the chart directory area. I am going to try a different monitor to see if I have more real estate I can get the box to display correctly.
(2017-10-21, 01:55 PM)Tkalvol Wrote: Thank you. I have done some more research on this subject. I am running a RPi 3 with the 7" touch screen. It appears that the "add" window size is being mismanaged by the os. It is very short with no way to resize it so when it comes up there is no screen area between the tabs of defined/custom and the chart directory area. The box with the predefined chart choices is not there or is overwritten by the chart directory area. I am going to try a different monitor to see if I have more real estate I can get the box to display correctly.

Ah, well found!  Do you have a laptop or 10" tablet you could use over VPN?