This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry pi3
After opening Opencpn few monents later O closes seem like fix get lost .
I use a profolic usb to serial converter from Ais for Ais and gps data.
Screen connected with HDMI to VGA converter, can it be a power problem.
This dd not hapen on another smaller vga display
I also frequently use an HDMI to VGA converter, and it's true that it consumes a certain amount of energy but it's not as much as it seems. At least with my converter. 

However, I am not entirely sure that the closure of OpenCpn is mainly due to this issue. At least it's not typical behavior when there's a lack of energy.
It is normal in such cases that, after seeing the lightning icon appearing repeatedly in the upper corner, if the energy falls the entire system collapses for a few moments.

But we can't rule it out either......

It might be interesting to start OpenCpn from the terminal and see if before closing it launches a hint about why it closes unexpectedly. Note that messages are left by OpenCpn before they are screened in the terminal and share them to see if we can think of anything.