This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting to cable modem
This is a newby question. I just upgraded to a pi3 and NOOB 10. I cannot figure out how to connect to my home WiFi modem to connect to the internet? I had no trouble with the pi2. Should it not be obvious? What am I missing? Thanks
(2017-11-03, 08:26 PM)Alexhl Wrote: This is a newby question. I just upgraded to a pi3 and NOOB 10. I cannot figure out how to connect to my home WiFi modem to connect to the internet? I had no trouble with the pi2. Should it not be obvious? What am I missing? Thanks

Solved! After reading another poster who had a similar problem. It was not intuitive to me or him that the WiFi AP has to be OFF for the WiFi to connect to a local source. I think it should default to OFF since you need to access the internet to setup everything! Just my 2c worth.
people running headless need it in ap mode to setup
if there is no wired ethernet available
you can add another usb wireless adapter and run an ap and connect wireless to router ...you need an ap for wireless sensors mqtt ect.

https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...fi-ap.html
(2017-11-04, 08:41 AM)jim321 Wrote: people running headless need it in ap mode  to setup
if there is no wired ethernet available
you can add another usb wireless adapter and run an ap and connect wireless to router ...you need an ap for wireless sensors mqtt ect.

https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...fi-ap.html

Thanks for the info, I get it now [Image: lightbulb.png]