This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esp8266 - esp easy
(2021-01-02, 12:49 PM)Ranur Wrote: Ahh Paddy! Still strugeling with this one. I can get the MQTT part worked out, but I am having problems getting the MQTT data transfered to the LCD. Do you remember how you did it?

Best regards
Runar

Sorry, can't remember....  I've gone over to micropython on esp32 now so can't even go back to check - good luck!  Cool
Ranur

I had this working a few weeks ago.
an extract from my notes ...

Can send over MQTT by using
Publish - ESP/cmd with payload/message - LCD,Lin,Row,”text” or value
where ESP is the NodeMCU device name 
Tested by sending from MQTT app on my pc.

Can also publish using Node-Red flow
  1. Config ESP controller to publish data to local or public broker as vessels/self/%tskname%/%valname%
    e.g BoatyMcboatface/electrical/batteries/house/voltage

2. Use MQTT In Node to input data from broker
    Set Topic to BoatyMcboatface/electrical/batteries/house/voltage
  3. Wire MQTT In node to Function node
    Function node Properties
    msg.payload = "LCD,2,1,WiFi..." + msg.payload;
    return msg;
  4. MQTT Out Node with topic set as ESP Device name/cmd
I plan to fit the LCD2004 to display my tank sensor values
Fuel, Fresh and Black - read by ADS1115/ESP8266

Steve
Anyone succeeded in getting sensor data from ESPEASY into SignalK using UDP?

EDIT: I'll answer my own question - Yes I just did !
(2021-03-25, 04:01 PM)affinite Wrote: Anyone succeeded in getting sensor data from ESPEASY into SignalK using UDP?

EDIT: I'll answer my own question - Yes I just did !

Can I ask what version of OP and Signal K you are using?  

I'm just starting to learn the OP and Signal K system with simple connections.  One connection => using EspEasy with a BHT22 via UDP.  Gone through the thread here and still can't get it working.  Wondering if a version change from 1.3 to 1.4 has effected or is it just me.  SensESP works great, but wanting to learn other connections types so I'm not fully relied on C++ and can use mircopython as a second.  

My UDP reading from ESP8266-01 is coming in as  {"updates": [{"source": "ESP_Easy","values":[ {"path":"environment.inside.mainCabin.Temperature","value": 30.80 }]}]}  on 31675 --> 55557. 

Using port 55557 in the EspEasy configuration.  Could be the lack of experience in setting up the SK server - Data Connections. 

Thanks
Jim