This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing OpenPlotter hats!!!
(2018-03-08, 08:49 PM)GSAtlantic Wrote: Thank you for sharing Christian!  I may give this a go myself.
You're welcome. Please come back here to share your experiences.

Christian
A fully working OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT board will be exposed this weekend in the boat show "Sjøen for alle" 2018 in Norway.

Ask for the OpenCPN guys in the Kartverket stand!!!!
Are you going to ship complete product i.e.
raspberry pi 3 b+, with the hat in a case and
preinstalled OpenPlotter? Any plans for that?

Thanks
Download BBN Marine OS for raspberry pi 

https://bareboat-necessities.github.io/m...at-os.html

Video of actual installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zMjUs2X3qU

(2018-03-26, 04:17 AM)mgrouch Wrote: Are you going to ship complete product i.e.
raspberry pi 3 b+, with the hat in a case and
preinstalled OpenPlotter? Any plans for that?

Thanks

Yes
Any closer to having this on sale yet?
Added enclosure pictures. And update release data to end of April, 2018. Board and enclosure are already in manufacturing, next week we will be able to provide a more accurate date and maybe start pre-sales.
(2018-04-02, 04:21 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Added enclosure pictures. And update release data to end of April, 2018. Board and enclosure are already in manufacturing, next week we will be able to provide a more accurate date and maybe start pre-sales.
Will it be possible to use hat with actual 17.1, or is it necessary to use a next release.
If yes, will there be an update path to avoid loss of oesenc chart pack ?
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

The entire system looks awesome! I think we are all anxious for the release.

If I can make a suggestion for the future: I suggest another case or other type of modular connection that could potentially provide other features and connectivity to this system. In my mind I would visualize another case that looks similar to the one you have already provided, perhaps connected to the original case with a short USB, perhaps an I2C bus and maybe even a power connection.

Initially, I suggest a few things in that external box:
- Additional powered USB connections. I find that my USB requirements run the PI out of power.
- An SSD. In my case, I like using an SSD rather than an SD card, as it is faster and I worry about the number of times I can cycle an SD card.
- An ethernet hub?
- A 2 or 4 line I2C display, with control buttons. An alternative might be something like Berrizeta's 3.5 TFT display. http://berreizeta.blogspot.mx/2017/02/se...nitor.html. I'm playing with a little touch TFT display with his Arduino software, and it works very well! Another way to do this might be by providing a wired remote display capability, for example, something that could be mounted in a nav panel.
- Additional battery?

I know the middle of a release is not the time to be thinking about new products, but I think you have energized us all with what you are producing!
"Are we there yet?" Asking that question with my donkey tone and voice from the move Shrek.
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” ~ Unknown
I will publish the real and final date during the next few days.