This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing OpenPlotter hats!!!
I’m really impatient, is there some news ???
YES!

The countdown has begun: https://www.rooco.eu
Please don't make the classic mistake of hogging all the GPIO pins! use a stacking header so that we still have access to the pins for the rest of the devices we want to connect!
You could always use one of these and get longer mounting screws :-)

https://shop.4tronix.co.uk/products/gpio...spberry-pi
We had this discussion at the beginning and we decided not to add a stacking header:

- The GPS antenna can not have any board overhead.
- There is no space for the header.
- Price
- The board includes pins for UART GPIO to be used with pypilot controller.

This was designed to be always on top. The rest of projected hats will be stackable and one of them will allow access to GPIOs.
If it is enough of a problem to not stack the hats, the second board could be made different.

Specific cases and what you are doing that is limited by this would be interesting.

1) to only plug into the first 24 pins, or to add a secondary header to the hat to access the unused pins.
2) This hat can always be on top, and a stackable hat could be between it, and the raspberry
There are soldering pads for a 6-pin 2mm header, if you want to access (some of) the spare GPIOs. However, this pin header is not assembled but you can do it yourself. If you need to access more GPIOs you might want to use the breakout board suggested by abarrow.
(2018-05-09, 04:48 PM)Sailoog Wrote: We had this discussion at the beginning and we decided not to add a stacking header:

- The GPS antenna can not have any board overhead.
- There is no space for the header.
- Price
- The board includes pins for UART GPIO to be used with pypilot controller.

This was designed to be always on top. The rest of projected hats will be stackable and one of them will allow access to GPIOs.

Thanks.  The GPS antenna has an external connector to use a good external antenna anyway!  In my case I need access to the i2c bus, the 1W pins and a couple of others.  I'm using a "side shift" stackable header, but it's less elegant than just having access to those pins in the first place.    The stackable header cards like to say they don't need soldering ( of course they really do!)   Just a thought!
Sean could consider naming his motor controller and marketing it alongside these, if it can benefit his end of the project.

Maybe the "Chichester Box". Smile

https://www.sailmagazine.com/cruising/re...chichester

“Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk.”
@sailoog
Hello

I want to buy the hat. Where can I order it?

Greetings Jürgen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin