This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oeSENC and OpenPlotter update or new release
(2017-12-13, 07:03 PM)monos Wrote: I recently bought the charts pack oesEnc for Spain. I'm happy with them.

On the issue of updates... I don't think a version change of OPlotter will affect them. Actually OPlotter's basic operating system is in fact Raspbian and there is some forum partner who claims to have updated Raspbian completely from jessie to strecht version and has kept the cartography oesEnc running.

However, once, I run the rpi-update command to update the system kernel and my nautical charts oesEnc stopped working. Although the operating system was the same, the OPlotter version and the Rpi version were the same too. I had to retrieve the old kernel to make my purchased cards working again.

So I think the most important thing is not to change the kernel once you have bought the nautical cards oesEnc.

Have you spoken to O-charts? They're very helpful and would probably be keen to hear about any glitches.

Messages In This Thread
RE: oeSENC and OpenPlotter update or new release - by PaddyB - 2017-12-14, 12:30 PM