This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing CAN-USB Stick
Well, we have the first version of our low-cost USB-N2K converter ready!

https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...n-usb.html

CAN-USB Stick is able to read and write on the CAN bus but for safety you have to select what data you want to transmit before writing and we are working in a software to do this. Reception is working right.

Does work with OpenPlotter, Signal K, CANBoat and Open Skipper.

[Image: n2k_b.jpg]
Very interesting! That means, we could write sensor data to the n2k network?
In the future versions of OpenPlotter yes.

We have to be careful with transmissions, there are more parameters in N2K networks and they are more interrelated. You could create dangerous situations transmitting wrong data to autopilot, engine, N2K sensors, etc.
I got my stick today and went to flash it but can't seem to locate the HEX file mentioned in the docs. Is it publicly available?
You do not need to flash the stick, it's already flashed with the last version. When the software is updated we will provide the hex file. If you want a copy of the current source send me an email please.
(06-29-2016, 06:02 AM)Sailoog Wrote: You do not need to flash the stick, it's already flashed with the last version. When the software is updated we will provide the hex file. If you want a copy of the current source send me an email please.

Hello. i got one N2K USB Stick off eBay (china), not shure about the correct software.
Please send me the latest binary. 

btw: OPv9.0 - runs fine. But on the boat it has no hdmi attached, and whatever i set in /boot/config it allways falls back to  800x600 or so. this was better with 0.8. or is it an noobs thing?

greetings from the danube - holger
Hello,

I was also impatient and purchased one of the can-usb sticks out of China. I haven't had any luck with this unit thus far. Any idea when the sticks may be available through the Sailoog shop or if there is anything I can configure to make the one I have work?

Failing that, I am debating the Actisense NGT-1 to integrate my Raymarine n2k network with the pi and openplotter. Does anyone have any experience/pointers they'd like to share regarding this?

Much appreciated,

Scratch
We have the new CAN-USB stick back on stock but not for sale yet. We are really busy with the new openplotter image. The new model is isolated. I hope next week we can update the shop. Thanks.
@ Scratch: My Raymarine n2k Plotter has a NMEA 01083 port, that forwards all n2k data. I use this for Openplotter.
Received my new canusb stick and have test installed on AMITA

I see a lot of n2k sentances in the n2k diagnostic, but i do not get gps position ( or anything) in open cpn

What do i need to configure to make opencpn use n2k data, and to make the data available in codered?

Steve