• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing CAN-USB Stick
Ok, I definitely see AIS data on N2K diagnostic, strangely not on SignalK diagnostic. But I do see it in freeboard and SignalK maptracker, so the info seems to be there.
I also do get some data from on board instruments like wind on SignalK and forwarded to OpenCPN, but not position or AIS (which both come from em-trak B100 AIS transceiver).
I activated the SignalK to NMEA0183 plugin (I see that plugin twice in the list), but couldn't see AIS sentences for conversion.

I'd be happy if someone can point me in the direction how to diagnose the problem any further.
(Yesterday, 06:26 AM)PiXLHH Wrote: Ok, I definitely see AIS data on N2K diagnostic, strangely not on SignalK diagnos.......

There is a second plugin ”N2K AIS to NMEA0183” which hopefully will take care of the AIS. Did You install and activate ? Se my previous post in this thread. /Mats
(Yesterday, 06:40 AM)MatsA Wrote:
(Yesterday, 06:26 AM)PiXLHH Wrote: Ok, I definitely see AIS data on N2K diagnostic, strangely not on SignalK diagnos.......

There is a second plugin ”N2K AIS to NMEA0183” which hopefully will take care of the AIS. Did You install and activate ? Se my previous post in this thread. /Mats

Thanks, I just installed it and it works fine now. But I still don't get my own GPS data, which would be included in RMB sentence, which is not available in SK->NMEA0186 plugin.
Rmc in the sk-0183 plugin should do the job ( rmb is not sent to opencpn it is excluded for some reason in the kplex setup)

I'll be back on Amita on 8/8 so hopefully can help progress this then... in the meantime i'm interested to see how you get on !

Ps, whats your name PiXLHH ??

Steve
(Yesterday, 10:45 AM)Sderbyshire Wrote: Rmc in the sk-0183 plugin should do the job ( rmb is not sent to opencpn it is excluded for some reason in the kplex setup)

I'll be back on Amita on 8/8 so hopefully can help progress this then... in the meantime i'm interested to see how you get on !

Ps, whats your name PiXLHH ??

Steve

Thanks Steve, I mixed up RMC and RMB. RMB is excluded from OpenCPN because it is usually created there, it's the navigational data of waypoints, XTE etc. sent to the autopilot from OpenCPN (and might create a data loop if not excluded in kplex, if I recall it correctly).

I might fiddle around a bit more, hope to get it done and completely remove NMEA0183 hardware and input to OpenPlotter.

Axel
Hi Axel

I too plan to only have n2k interfacing so will be interested to hear how you get on.

When i connected the canbus last time i was aboard i got all the data expected, being ais/position/wind/log/depth etc etc in signal k, bit nothing made it to opencpn because it only listens for nmea0183.

So the n2k to nmea0183 and ais 'plugins' should do the job, i'll try them again 8/8 when i'm back aboard.

Steve
PS, i dont think we need kplex in our 'n2k only' scenario, just signalk with nmea0183 outputs from the plugins?