This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Actisense NGT1 ISO version
Hello,

I have an Actisense NGT-1 (ISO version)
Perhaps I should have purchased the USB version rather than this one- but can anyone help me connect it up to my Openplotter system?
  • I have a USB-serial converter- is it best to use this, or can I connect it directly to the Raspberry PI i.e using a serial connection ??
  • Also- if posible, I would like to test it at home (before I get on the boat) If the Actisense NGT-1 is connected properly to the PI- but not to the NMEA2000 network- should I see something in Openplotter to show that it has been recognised ?

thank in advance.

Andrew
(2018-01-07, 08:37 AM)barney2074 Wrote: Hello,

I have an Actisense NGT-1 (ISO version)
Perhaps I should have purchased the USB version rather than this one- but can anyone help me connect it up to my Openplotter system?
  • I have a USB-serial converter- is it best to use this, or can I connect it directly to the Raspberry PI i.e using a serial connection ??
  • Also- if posible, I would like to test it at home (before I get on the boat) If the Actisense NGT-1 is connected properly to the PI- but not to the NMEA2000 network- should I see something in Openplotter to show that it has been recognised ?

thank in advance.

Andrew

Did you ever figure this out?
Hi

Yes, I did
I used the $20 serial-USB conveyer and it works well

Let me know if you have a specific qu

Andrew

Converter not conveyor..