This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remote desktop crashing with compass calibration
I am running OP 0.17 on a rpi 3 B with the rpi 7" touch screen. This has been giving me problems with accessing parts of some of the pop up screens due to the screen resolution. I have found I can work on most everything by using my win10 tablet and remote in with a sesman Xvnc connection. However, when I try to calibrate the compass the connection drops as the calibration screen comes up. Any ideas?

Tom
i brought this up allready but i didn't try the workaround could you give it a try and report back..
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=853
Thank you. I read the other thread and solved my problem by changing the rpi touchscreen resolution.

If you don't like the default resolution, you can change it in config.txt (sudo nano /boot/config.txt) from
#framebuffer_width=1280
#framebuffer_height=720

to
framebuffer_width=1280
framebuffer_height=720
or any other resolution (it could be that a monitor isn't able to sync the resolution, but we are talking about headless mode)
framebuffer_width=1500
framebuffer_height=1000

This allowed the popup box to display properly so I could access all of the buttons and do the calibration. Thanks