This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star of the Orient
Ok, cleaning some things up this weekend. I have a new MPU-9255 IMU and BME280 environmental sensor, so I eliminated the external "puck" arrangement and the extra tangle of wires it required. I soldered it directly to the proto hat and wired it with spaghetti wire underneath. I will need to mount the pi in a fixed location now - I believe I will screw it to the bottom of the lid of my enclosure, hanging upside down. I need a 90 degree HDMI connector first.

[Image: cTlLHeIiJ5Stdae-QFYeyN_fi2zPfiZpzRl-gaT_...66-h949-no]

I cut up an ethernet cord and zip tied the pigtail to the pi, and made all of the connections for the 1 wire and other sensors at a cat 5 keystone. I can remove the pi much more easily now, and everything is less fragile. I also made the lid of my enclosure removable with a phone cord and coupler. 

[Image: 7r-q8__TrPGIjR15KjqqSCxfZCBOyqlpeSvkIFfs...66-h949-no]

I can almost put it all away neatly now, except I am troubleshooting some USB problems still. I seem to have a bad SDR, a bad USB-serial converter, and I don't trust the hub.

[Image: pgh9lpAJRzPdwcTaMkcqefeusj_1ApuZhHzm3se2...12-h949-no]

I hope to get these inductive sensors working soon - at least in Node Red.

Messages In This Thread
Star of the Orient - by Saqqara - 2018-01-15, 04:27 AM
RE: Star of the Orient - by Saqqara - 2018-01-18, 12:58 AM
RE: Star of the Orient - by Saqqara - 2018-01-22, 05:53 AM
RE: Star of the Orient - by Havnjero - 2018-01-31, 09:05 AM
RE: Star of the Orient - by Saqqara - 2018-02-01, 04:19 AM