• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help WIFI Arduino nano Windspeed
I have a Arduino nano connected to a AF-1733 I am powering it via 12V.  I would like to add a ESP 8266 to transmit data to the RPI The ESP 8266 requires 3.3 Volt at a max current that is greater than the Nano can supply.
How would i step this down to 3.3 V with a max current of 400 ma?

Is there a better way to get the Data to the RPI like a nrf24l01+?

I would prefer not to use  my Serial port on the RPI
The arduino wifi shield allows you to connect to your home wi-fi network.It will help to send data between devices.It helps to get wind speed.The simplest way to do this by running your receiver code as root.I also faced same problem,that time i referred best essay writing service to get a suitable answer.it helped me to get a good solution.Try to use a better quality arduino module.
One option would be to ditch the nano altogether and get a esp32, it has ADC inputs though from memory limited to 1v so you might need to step down the volts from the wind sensor - then power that from a little ebay buck converter. The plus side is just one module to deal with and the esp32 has a deep sleep mode so you can get the power draw very low. Or just power your esp8266 from a little buck converter. Bear in mind the nano has tx/rx voltage of 5v which will kill the esp which can only do up to 3.3v pin voltages.
I built the unit with a nano and a nrf24l01 it take 12V used by the Wind speed and direction sensors and using a mosfet controls the Anchor light. I get a few timeouts but will be changing the radio unit to one with an antenna. total amps used when light is on is .2 amps when light is off .016 amps apx. I am looking at also writing the pi code in C this winter. the Pi acts as a master sends command or request for Data to nano converting received data to SignalK.

I choose the nano because it can handle 12V no conversion.
The NRF24L01 can handle the voltage levels from the Nano with no conversion.
I plan to add code to send Morse code via Anchor light and lazer disco ball https://i2.wp.com/chuckdanasphotography....ls-001.jpg
(06-07-2018, 07:48 AM)ddelorme Wrote: I built the unit with a nano and a nrf24l01 it take 12V used by the Wind speed and direction sensors and using a mosfet controls the Anchor light. I get a few timeouts but will be changing the radio unit to one with an antenna. total amps used when light is on is .2 amps when light is off .016 amps apx. I am looking at also writing the pi code in C this winter. the Pi acts as a master sends command or request for Data to nano converting received data to SignalK.

I choose the nano because it can handle 12V no conversion.
The NRF24L01 can handle the voltage levels from the Nano with no conversion.
I plan to add code to send Morse code via Anchor light and lazer disco ball  https://i2.wp.com/chuckdanasphotography....ls-001.jpg

Some figures might be on interest -
Are you powering the Nano straight onto the Vin pin? YOu can do that with the ESP8266 but the regulator gets hot, don't think I'd risk it long term. Yesterday I made a little current meter from an ESP8266 and INA219, so very accurate, sends the data to node red for plotting - this is 13.6v ontp the Vin pin of a nano - about 23mA.

[Image: OSteX9E.png]

Then this is a random 12v - 5v usb converter I had lying around, pulls about 25mA just on it's own then with a Nano connected it's about 33mA and an ESP8266 46mA. I think the ESP has spikes when sending to Wifi which don't show up here. 

[Image: kypR4Ja.png]

I'd say it's worth getting a ESP8266 or 32 to play with , they don't cost much and are much more powerful than arduinos, something like 80Mhz clock rate as opposed to 16Mhz and have more program memory. Having wifi built in just makes everything so much easier and yo can still use the arduino sketches. I use node-red and MQTT to talk to them, easy to implement and program with readable names for different data then I've been using UDP to send data back to Openplotter.
yes I'am here is a link to the sketch https://github.com/dmdelorme/masthead-se...hfinal.fzz
 I really like that i could just use 12 vin  the nrf24l01 takes 3.3 volts  from the nano. the wind instruments use 12V return analog 0 -5 V. the mosfet is  5 volt logic controlling a 12v Anchor light via digital pin
I will order a few to play with  This was a first experiment around a sensor Puck idea. The code highlights my hackish/rough coding skills Big Grin which is matched by my willingness to fail repeatedly. Confused