This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unable to add 1W sensor
OP 0.17

Unable to add 1W sensor. More specifically I am unable to configure a Signal K key in the "Add 1W temperature sensor" dialogue. 

Clicking the "Edit" button appears to do nothing. 

There is a 1W sensor present in the Sensor ID list box.

Any ideas anybody?
Just wondering if there is anybody from the knowledgeable community reading this forum anymore?

I know this might be trivia for you, but it has me stuck. I am wanting to test and develop some more hardware has me foxed. A clue anybody? Does anybody have 1W sensors working in the latest update?
Chris

I don't actually have my 1W sensors directly attached to my Pi (My 1W sensors are connected to ESP8226 Wireless senders instead) however I did just try to add a 1W in OP (0.17Beta) and it seemed to work OK for me. I was able to open the SignalK Key assignment dialogue box by clicking "edit" and it did give me a list of available SK keys. As I said, I couldn't take it much further as I dont have any 1W sensors attached.

I think your problem is symptomatic of a more general problem in 0.17 which hopefully Sailoog and the developer team are aware of. I say that because I've reported (as a "me too" post) a similar problem with the SPI tab. I cannot edit the SPI device (MCP3008) properties defined in the SPI tab. In the end I removed it by directly editing openplotter.conf however the problem still persists in the OP GUI.

Sorry this doesnt resolve your problem however you are not alone ...

Regards
Steve
unable to reproduce "BUG" for 1wire.. it works for me .
spi i gave up and removed MCP3008..
ordered ADS1115

Hello,
change the language setting to English and try again.

I had similar problems in the German language.

Greetings Jürgen
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
I tried everything that I could think of. Couldn't find anything so eventually I did a full update (even though everything was reported as being up to date) and once everything was reinstalled it worked again. Maybe something was corrupted in the original update to 17 but I have no idea what.
Yes, we read all posts but we do not reply all of them because we are really busy with the new hats and the new OP v1.x.x. But it does not mean we do nothing, all the confirmed bugs published on this forum go to the TODO list.

MCP3008 has to be rewritten because moitessier hat uses SPI0. Then we will check reported bugs on this too.