This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] BME280 bug
Hello, everyone, 
I have connected a BME280 to my system (OP 0.17.0, RPI3, IMU 9255). 
Bugs: 
No temperature.
No humidity. 
Wrong air pressure. 
The air pressure is displayed with approx. 700 mbar. But this can't be true. With a BMP180 everything ran smoothly. Is the sensor faulty?
Are there any ideas for the bugs?

Jürgen

edit:
debugmode:
Signal K starting
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node>
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister>
signalk-server running at 0.0.0.0:3000

cat: /dev/ttyOP_SKVA: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Cannot open NGT-1-A device /dev/ttyOP_N2K

Error reading /home/pi/.openplotter/public/mapcache
GET /signalk/v1/api/vessels/self 200 41.459 ms - 669
cat: /dev/ttyOP_SKVA
: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Cannot open NGT-1-A device /dev/ttyOP_N2K
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
Hello, everyone,
I think I found the mistake. I ordered and connected a BMP280 from provided. I will order a BME280 now and hope it will be better or is there a way to use the BMP?
Greetings Jürgen
both should work bmp has no humidity, i have ordered bme's three different times and received bmp every time ..
check your connections
As already written,
Only the air pressure is displayed. And that is also far from a realistic value.
Everything else is displayed with the value 0. I checked all the connections. Everything's all right.
mine works fine all 3 of them i guess you got a bad one.
its not a problem with openplotter...must be your sensor..
Built in a new sensor.
Now everything is going as it should.
I have a BME280 and cannot see humidity, temperature is showing -273 in OpenCpn and pressure shows 0. The sensor is identified by Openplotter 0,10. I think it is a issue with the NMEA sentences not create correctly. Can anybody please help with the right sentences?

Tks!!!

Paulo
this topic was marked solved you need to start your own thread instead.
your ? was on another post already

thanks jim