This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you get kplex working on a fresh install
I've backed off trying to get the hat to work and gone back to basics and reimaged my pi with open plotter.  I've noticed on a fresh image that kplex does not work.  how do you configure kplex to work?  out of the box ( fresh install)  when I try to watch the nmea output it gives me timeout errors ( or should it do this with no traffic??)
I have had some problems with serial ports too. If I add a port and give it a name in one tab and try to reference it by that name in the next tab the named port isn't in the drop-down. Restarting kplex makes no difference. 0.17.0

Autoconfigure finds my nmea 0183 sources and I see the data scroll by, but when it adds what it found, the ports it adds timeout as you describe.

Using FTDI usb adapters, whether or not that matters.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I should note I eventually got it working, I think I had to reboot the pi after each step of configuring the port or something.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
http://www.stripydog.com/kplex/configuration.html
NOTE FOR RASPBERRY PI 3: The Raspberry pi 3 has changed things around a bit: ttyAMA0 now refers to the serial port that is connected to the bluetooth. The old serial port is now called ttyS0.
https://elinux.org/RPi_Serial_Connection
Finally figured it out! during my testing I'd been leaving "screen" running so that I could see the output of the test NMEA data. I didn't realize that this blocked kplex from seeing the serial data!