This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
@mxtommy KIP instrument display webapp for Signalk
(2019-07-14, 10:55 PM)b135802 Wrote: ...... . Now, it would be sweet to present the historical values with a graph,.....

Thankful for any advice!
/Andreas

I've found installing influxdb database and chronograf to view graphed data works really well. Not that hard to set up and signalk has an app to write straight to the data base, all you have to do is look Cool

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
(2019-07-16, 03:58 AM)PaddyB Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 10:55 PM)b135802 Wrote: ...... . Now, it would be sweet to present the historical values with a graph,.....

Thankful for any advice!
/Andreas

I've found installing influxdb database and chronograf to view graphed data works really well. Not that hard to set up and signalk has an app to write straight to the data base, all you have to do is look Cool

That's actually what I do myself. Have thought of putting an "embed graph" on Kip to use it all on one screen. Smile Need to find time...
(2019-07-16, 04:10 AM)mxtommy Wrote: That's actually what I do myself. Have thought of putting an "embed graph" on Kip to use it all on one screen. Smile Need to find time...

Love influxdb with battery data and pressure. Would be nice touch embedded in kip but great already Cool
For anyone else installing influxdb there is a setting which i can't remember you need to turn off otherwise it uses loads of the Pi precious resources, something about slef monitoring istr.

mxtommy the KIP demo feature is not longer working in latest SK server versions, any idea how to solve it?
Yeah, I added some stuff in the latest version to request write access to the server. It means the config has some extra values, so I upped the config version. Kip uses the config version to avoid loading configs left from older versions. Unfortunately I forgot to update the demo config to the new 'version'... My bad Sad
Just pushed a new version to NPM that fixes loading of the demo  Angel  Also took a few minutes and added a show Min/Max option to numeric widgets. It resets every time the widget is loaded (so like when you change pages etc) but hopefully useful  Smile 

Note, config version updated again so any configs in KIP will be lost  Sad I really need to get a more elegant way of doing that... sorry!
Demo tested an working. Thanks!
I will include KIP by default in openplotter 2 so not a big problem the old config. Current users will have this problem after updating but surely they can rebuild better versions of their dashboards Smile
0.1.11 released, Should be a major performance increase, Fixed rendering of numeric displays. On my halfway decent PC script went from running 10% of the time, to only 2.5% of the time. I imagine on less powerful devices (such as Raspberry Pi's) the difference will be greater!  Smile
Perfect, thanks!
We will start working on the openplotter-dashboards package soon, I will contact you if there is any problem.
Is https://github.com/mxtommy/Kip/issues the appropriate place to raise feature requests or ideas or is this thread still active?

I cherish the KIP a lot - and hope a solution to the "Save" and "Load" of the customized settings will be developed. The current cut/past solution is rather cumbersome on different platforms.