OpenMarine

Full Version: [SOLVED] Inspector won't open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I just installed version 0.8.0 beta on a raspberry pi 3. Clean install (http://www.sailoog.com/en/blog/test-open...r-v080beta)

If I try to open inspector from nmea183 tab, nothing happens. Opening from other tabs or from the menu has same behaviour

Running OP in debug mode gives following information:
pi@openplotter:~ $ python /home/pi/.config/openplotter/openplotter.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/output.py", line 213, in <module>
    MyFrame().Show()
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/output.py", line 65, in __init__
    self.reset(0)
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/output.py", line 187, in reset
    self.mqtt=Mqtt(self.conf,self.a)
  File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/mqtt.py", line 39, in __init__
    self.client_local.connect(local_broker, local_port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 612, in connect
    return self.reconnect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 734, in reconnect
    sock = socket.create_connection((self._host, self._port), source_address=(self._bind_address, 0))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
    raise err
socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Edit: Forgot to mention: no devices are connected to the raspberry pi

What other informution do you need?
Thx a lot!
Hi robbiedeloose,
I have found the bug, it is related to permissions of the file /etc/mosquitto/passwd.pw
I will fix this and update the master branch.
Thanks for posting!
Done.
https://github.com/sailoog/openplotter/b...plotter.py
replace this file in your folder /home/pi/.config/openplotter/

Confirm it works please
thanks for the quick reply! 

just changed the file, but the behaviour remains the same. 
errors message in debug mode did not change.

I could delete and reclone the depository to check if that changes anything, but maybe you want to try something else first?
Ops, sorry is my fault, I forgot to say this to do the test: set a new username and password in the MQTT tab and "apply changes".

If doesn't work yet remove this file typing in a terminal:

Code:
sudo rm /etc/mosquitto/passwd.pw

then run OP again and set the username and the password again. Look into /etc/mosquitto/ folder to see if the file is created again.
(2016-05-17, 08:52 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Ops, sorry is my fault, I forgot to say this to do the test: set a new username and password in the MQTT tab and "apply changes".

If doesn't work yet remove this file typing in a terminal:

Code:
sudo rm /etc/mosquitto/passwd.pw

then run OP again and set the username and the password again. Look into /etc/mosquitto/ folder to see if the file is created again.

Changing the password dit the trick. Inspector is back! Did not have to remove the file.

Thx a lot!

I tried removing my mqtt information (as i was not able to figure it out) and noticed i could not save if I deleted all the information. I get the message 'at least provide a username and password'. I gues this is intentionally, but it might be cleaner to be able to clear out all the MQTT data. Maybe a reset button?
Ok, yes, a "clear" button could work. Noted.
Thanks!